Chapter 8

"You know what, you're an asshole. You're not allowing me to talk to my family? Huh, and what's with my mother? If I was in danger when my dad is there, then my mother would be, too." I yelled at him.

"I have no idea what's going on there. Fact is, your father killed people and I have no idea why." He said back.

"Drop dead. I will talk to my mom at least." I said confidently. "No!"

"Daemon Thompson, you can't tell me what to do and what not. Let alone decide whether I'm allowed to talk to my mother or not. This is my life. My decisions. Those are my parents. And they would never hurt me." I lifted my chin up.

"What do you imagine to do?" He asked me.
"Going to my parents." I shrugged.

"You know what, over my dead body." He threw me over his shoulder and went upstairs. I was caught off guard but after a few seconds I started hitting his back.

"Stop it. Your little fingers won't hurt me." He said, I bet he was amused.

"Why are you doing this to me. My mother is in danger." I cried loudly.

"We will look after her. But I don't want you to be in danger, Clare. I need you to be safe. Just let me do my job." He sighed deeply.

"As if you cared about me. Why are you even so nice to me? And don't tell me because I'm your fiancée. As a Mafia you should be a fucking mean man. You even killed people." I yelled in confusion and taking a deep breath to calm myself down. He let me down and looked at me sadly.

I shouldn't have said that. Maybe he indeed is a nice person and doesn't want to be reminded of that. Maybe he had no other choice. I have no idea. Yet I would love to know why he is so nice to me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered looking down.

He sighed. "Story for another time."

"What are you going to do now?" I asked with the purpose to change the topic and because I was really interested.

"The police were recorded and my men will look after your mom." I nodded in response I was so worried about her, I was starting to panic again.

Daemon must have noticed my worries. "Clare, I will do anything to find your mother and keep her in safety." He said with a serious, yet concerned voice.

I sighed deeply. My cheeks were wet from my tears.

"I will stay here for you until we get news. But first you have to calm down." He caressed my back.

He didn't understand, I don't even care about my dad right now. All I care about is my mother's safety. My parents were never really satisfied with me. I did everything to be perfect for them, my mother was the one who always looked disappointed and my dad looked either disgusted or laughed at me. Though I always knew both of them loved me. At least I think they do...

He must've seen that something else was upsetting me.

"Story for another time." I laughed nervously. I actually wasn't ready to tell anyone about my issues with my family. We went inside our room and I had no idea. I ran towards the bed and let myself fall onto it.

I felt him staring at me so I turned around to look at him and noticed that he was looking at my butt. I rolled my eyes at him. "Would you please stop staring at my butt? Thank you." I said sarcastically.

I must be a weird person to still have sarcasm even though my mother is in danger and my dad is going to be arrested.

He came towards the bed as well and lay down beside me. It's awkward that I didn't feel awkward laying beside him. He's doing so much for me. I don't know how to thank him. Maybe I will do a little surprise for him?