Chapter 16- Nightmares, Nearly Nude Boys and Hangovers

Hello cuties! WHY MUST YOU BE SO LOVELY OMG YOU ALWAYS COMMENT AMAZING THINGS AND IT MAKES MY HEART TURN INTO RAINBOWS....*ahem*....so I know basically none of you read the irrelevant messages I send you, but if you do you will know I did an early upload because I got 100 VOTES ON THIS STORY OMFG!!! So that's why I'm writing so much, this was meant to be a seven word thing like: thank you and I love you ;) ok, ok, shutting up now <3

____________________________________________________________________

“Mum…” I took a deep breath, “I’m going to live with dad in London.”

She froze from where she was putting plates in the dishwasher and straightened up slowly. This was it. What I’d been planning for weeks. I’d had enough of her being nothing but distant towards me, controlling me like my brother did, picking out every little thing I did wrong and noticing nothing I did right. All we did now was argue, and our whole family relationship had been going steadily downhill for years now, until it was…nothing. All I was to her now was a bother, and I could see that by the way she treated me and the cold way she looked at me…like I was dirt on her shoe. Being constantly put down is not how I wanted to live anymore.

“What did you say?” She said in a carefully controlled voice that meant she was trying not to lose her temper. Oh, and there was the look again, making me feel like crap, thanks mum.

My dad was always kind to me. My mum didn’t know it, but my uncle on my dad’s side had given me his email when I’d ran into him in the supermarket one day, and we’d been talking ever since. That had been about half a year ago now. I’d asked if I could move in with him last week. He’d been concerned about my education but, honestly? I didn’t care about that. I was ok in all of my subjects, good enough to pass most of them if I tried hard, but not good enough to do anything else with them, and I had no interest in going to college then university, then on to some boring, mindless office job. I wanted adventure. And London, the big security company, working with big celebrities on a daily basis, seemed like the perfect place to start.

“I’m going to live in London with dad,” I repeated, my strained smile turning genuine as I thought about the beautiful city, “I’ve been talking to him for…a while now. He said he can get me a place at his security company after I finish school in a couple of weeks. It’ll be hard work but-”

“You’re not leaving here.” My mum’s voice was deadpan. Ok, that struck a nerve, who was she to tell me what I could and couldn’t do?! She barely even spoke to me anymore, and when she did it was all orders or rants. I could hardly call her a mum anymore.

“Oh shut up pretending like you care.” I spat viciously, and her face darkened like a thundercloud had passed over her face.

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that! I am you’re mother! I’ve looked after you for years! What has that wretched man ever done for you?!”

“Cared.” I answered simply. My mum looked taken aback by this…but no. She didn’t deny it. She didn’t look genuinely upset, just shocked at my bold comment. She didn’t rush over and wrap me in a hug and tell me she loved me like I wish she would. She just snorted and folded her arms.

“Oh, he cares for you, does he? Then why has he never come to see you for that big city of his? Where’s your lovely caring daddy now, Evanna?”