3.2

On that midsummer evening you sat outside on the balcony with your best friend Jeonghan. That time Jeonghan was 12 while you were 10 years old. You two liked each other from the beginning on what was early childhood. Every free minute of your lives you've spent together. No matter if you had a water balloon fight in front of your house or just chilling inside the apartment. Every day you got to spend together was precious. You owned a very special place in each other's heart.

Jeonghan asked you to be his girlfriend that time but you rejected because you didn't feel ready for a relationship. Not with the age of 10 years. It broke Jeonghan's heart but he got over it when he noticed you're still best friends.

Literally two days later you approached him crying. He immediately tried to cheer you up and so he asked for the reason to be sad. "My mom and I will move away...to Spain.", You explained to him as you leaned against his body. He was shocked in a sad way. The boy could feel tears creeping up his eyes but he tried to suppress them as well as possible. The day at the airport, the day you left, was the worst one of your entire life. Jeonghan came with you to say goodbye there. When you stood in front of the security checks you had to say goodbye. You started to cry, Jeonghan didn't try to suppress his tears. A hug was the last thing before you left behind the checks.

[time skip]
Jeonghan and you kept contact though. You two texted every evening, sometimes talked through the phone as well. There were days you video called him so you could at least see each other like that again. You told each other how much you missed the old times and sometimes even said how much you love each other. True friendship. These were always the best moments.

Altogether you didn't like it in Spain. You couldn't find any friends, didn't get along with the language, didn't like your home. Feelings of sadness took over your body sometimes. After a lot of time your mom luckily noticed you're getting depressed there. She promised to move back to Seoul as fast as possible.

[another time skip]
7 years it went on like that. You turned 17, Jeonghan turned 19. You couldn't even attend each other's birthday party what made you quite sad. Sadness was still on your daily basis. Also Jeonghan couldn't be really happy.

Jeonghan and you stopped chatting and accidentally broke contact due to exams and this stuff. You texted the last time when you were 15. So you had to survive two years of not having contact with your probable soulmate.

"Y/N, come quickly!", your mom shouted happily. With confused expressions you ran to her. She kindly smiled at you what didn't make you cleverer. She wanted to talk seriously so you sat down next to her. After a little conversation you took a sip of your coffee. And spilled it as you saw the reason she is smiling. She had handed you the documents for an apartment in Seoul. She pointed at the suitcases "You should pack, our flight is tomorrow night.". You almost started to cry and hugged her tight. Next moment you ran off to pack your stuff.

No matter how awkward awkwardness be you decided to grab your phone and call Jeonghan after almost two years. You prayed for him accepting the call.

"Hello?", this familiar voice said.

"Jeonghan!", You yelled happily through the phone.

"Y/N! Oh my god, I thought you're dead or something! I'm so happy to hear your voice!"

"I'm almost crying! Woah, it's awesome to talk to you again! I miss you."

"Aww, I miss you too."

"Anyway, would you be happy if I moved back to Seoul?"

"What a question, of course I would!"

"Okay, same. Then I have very good news. We're moving back to Seoul!"

"W-What?! Are you serious? Don't fool me now, please."

"I'm really serious!"

"Oh my god, finally! I'm so happy right now! Tell me everything! When will I see you again? When is your flight? Do you have an apartment?"

"I'll tell you everything when I see you again. Flight is tomorrow night and we have an apartment but we can't immediately move in. We need an accommodation for a week so we'll most likely go to my grandparents meanwhile."

"I'm gonna see you so soon! Yasss! You can live at my apartment, I have an own now. I will pick you up at the airport."

You had to hang up to continue packing. You weren't as happy as that moment for 7 years. What is an eternity.

[time skip/airport Seoul]
You just exited the airplane. You were so happy to breath this air again. As soon as you managed to pass the security checks you officially entered South Korea again. You jumped up and down while squealing. You turned to your mom thanking her so much. Suddenly someone hugged you from behind. It scared you at first but as you turned your head you saw it is Jeonghan. You almost started to scream. You immediately hugged him back as tight as never before. Tears of joy were rolling down your cheek. He held you so tight "I missed you, Y/N.". He sounded so happy and relieved at the same time. "I missed you a lot too.", You replied smiling widely. Jeonghan still didn't let go of you what you kinda liked. After an eternity of hugging and greeting he drove all of you to his home and let you move in as long as you need to.

While your mom was asleep Jeonghan and you talked and just celebrated. He asked you out to the restaurant nearby so you dressed nicely. Jeonghan wore his awesome looking smoking. He linked with your arm and so you went to the restaurant. After that you went to the park for a walk.

"Y/N, have you had a boyfriend already or do you still have one?", Jeonghan asked curiously.

You sighed "Nope. But I think it's fine. The boys there weren't what I expect. What about you?"

"I couldn't have one. I missed YOU. There's only one girl who is like I expect, someone I love. You are this girl."

"Wh-what?"

"I love you. I always did. Since I was 12. And not seeing you didn't make it better. I didn't stop loving you. I was saving money the last few years to fly to Spain to see you. But that's not necessary anymore, luckily. Do you know how sad and helpless I was without you. I never loved someone that much. So I know it's real. I just waited for you."

"J-Jeonghan, that's so kind of you. Honestly, I missed you more than thought as well. I was sad most of the time. Nothing could really cheer me up. Now that I have you again, I'm happy. You make me the happiest person on earth......I love you."

He smiled at you kindly receiving a smile from you. Jeonghan put his hands on your waist and pulled you closer gently. Your warm smile made him do what both of you were secretly waiting for for years. He kissed you, you leaned in. It was the beat feeling you've ever felt. After you ended the kiss you still smiled at each other. "So you're mine after all these years of missing you?", Jeonghan asked playing with a strain of your hair. You hugged him tight and whispered "Of course you are. I love you a lot, my Prince." into his ear. This sentence made him giggle and locked your eyes with his "I love you so much too, my queen.". You intertwined your hand with his and walked home as couple. Finally. After all these years.

1330 words