Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

        "You guys take this side, we'll take that one," directed Unity. Me and Shadow had to carry the others since we are the only ones who can fly. I took Miss America, and she had Elite. 

        I laughed out loud, Miss America looked up to me as we were flying. She gave me the 'what' look, "Nothing, it is just we finally get to use our new names."

        "Yeah," she looked down, "I think this a good spot, Calico and the others are right over there," Uni-Miss America pointed down to were Dark Sorceress and the others were causing mayhem. 

        Elizabeth was looking at us the entire time; waiting for her cue. Miss America gave me the sign to get ready to drop her. I nodded to Elizabeth who said something to Iron Girl. Iron Girl protested (I could hear her), and Elizabeth said something else. I turned my head to Iron Girl; she was looking at me through her mask. I could tell she was worried, "DROP!" I shouted to Iron Girl. Miss America and Elizabeth were dropped. Elizabeth quickly turned into Elite. Miss America landed on the ground with her shield underneath her, and let's just say Elite had a large crater. 

        Elite let out a large roar, and bounded after Lights. Blackhawk was on top of a building doing his best with Yin and Yang. Miss America was throwing her stars at Calico; who's lion swatted away many of them. Iron Girl was shooting beam after beam at the boy. I summoned Kjorn and charged at Dark Sorceress. We were having a large battle, when we- the Young Avengers- surrounded Dark Sorceress and the others, "Dark Sorceress, others, you will not win, Loki was defeated once before. Defeated by our parents, what makes you think he cannot be defeated again? And by us? What makes you think the children of the Avengers cannot defeat you, and your master? Tell me, I would like to know."

        Dark Sorceress step forward with the boy, arms looped , "Airethena, you do not understand do you? This time, our Master will conquer. This time, we will not be defeated. This time, there will be no Avengers left."

        The boy stepped out of Dark Sorceress' clutches. Iron Girl stepped back; beam pointed at him. He had on an evil smile, "Me. I am the one. I am the one, who will help our Master defeat and eliminate each and every one of you."

        "And who are you even?" Miss America demanded. 

        "I am Moridon. I believe I'm not in your little files. I also believe you have no idea what I've done to you little Avengers. I am the one who killed your," he pointed to Iron Girl, "Mother," Iron Girl lifted her mask, her teeth were gritted. Moridon was grinning from ear to ear, "How did I?" We all looked surprised but, our faces changed back to enraged, "I am just a mere telepath. I controlled the driver of the car that hit your dear mother. I flipped the car she was in a few times, and alas she was dead," Moridon seemed satisfied. What I wanted to do, was stab him. What Iron Girl wanted to do had to be far worse. He turned to Dark Sorceress, "Unfortunately, I was not the only one tracking you, Shadow."

        "Sorry, love. I had a chance, and I had to go for it."

        Moridon smiled, and not evilly. More kind, "It's alright."

        "Enough with this, come at me," growled Blackhawk, before any of us could even react we were all knocked down by a more powerful force than what could even do. I turned my head to see who knocked us all down. To my -and most likely everyone else's- it was Shadow.

        "Shadow?! What the hell was that for?!" Miss America shouted at her. 

        Iron Girl looked around, and down to us (I guess by the movements she made, since her mask was down) she didn't even have an idea, "I don't know, I didn't do it!" she turned to Moridon, "You, you did this."

        "Well of course I did, the minds of petty mortals are priceless to control!" Moridon laughed, "It's just too easy."

        "Yeah, we'll see about that," Miss America growled. Miss America slid her shield over her shoulder slowly. Took her time but, soon enough she threw her shield at Moridon. It had hit him straight in the nose. Of course he stumbled backwards, he might have yelped in pain a bit, too.

        Dark Sorceress whispered something to Lights, and as soon as she pulled her ear away, they all vanished. Miss America got up, and started shouting at Iron Girl, "Shadow, why did you do that?! Were you even conscious?!"

        "Yes, I mean-" Shadow lifted her mask.

        "Oh, so you hit us all on purpose?! You could've killed us!" Unity has always been easy to annoy, "Are you trying to say that you lied to us? Like about your suit? I don't even know if I can trust you anymore!"

        This was my cue to step in, "Unity, what if Shadow here, is telling the truth? What if Moridon truly did control Shadow's mind?"

        Unity looked at me with an annoyed expression, "Airy, that's a lot of 'what if's.'"

        Ever so suddenly, Loki appeared out of nowhere; right behind Shadow. He smiled evilly, "Well if it isn't the little Goddess of Air, and her little friends."

        "Uncle," I hissed.

        Loki put a hand on his head (I have been informed, again, that its called a 'facepalm'), "For the last time: I am not your uncle, and I am not Thor's brother!"

        "Why are you here Loki?" Came Captain America's voice. We all turned around looking shocked. The entire Avenger team was standing right behind us. Even Director Fury and Agent Hill were there. 

        "Oh, just showing around my new found minions."

        "Loki we know that's not why you're here," Iron Man responded, "We all know you're here to take over the world again, and you're going to fail, again."

        "Thanks for the observation Captain Obvious," Matthew muttered.

        Shadow turned around to face Loki, "You sent that idiot, Moridon, to kill my mother!" she gestured to Moridon. Loki raised his septer, and he pointed the tip straight at Shadow's reactor. 

        "Mind control," I heard Mr. Barton mutter.

        Shadow shuddered for a moment, "Loki, I had heart faliure, you can't control me."

        Ever so suddenly (that happens a lot does it not?), Loki grabbed Shadow from behind, and dissappeared. I am not sure why he did what he had but, all I know is that he did. Loki just captured Shadow. 

NOTE: rest of these chapters are unedited + not re-rewritten yet. my bad.