Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

        "YOU WHAT?!" Director Fury was yelling into a device in his hands. He had it on something so we could all hear the conversation. Director Fury breathed in deeply, "You go, have your first real mission, AND QUIT?!"

        We could hear Shadow sigh, "Fury, I don't think the world is ready for Iron Girl yet. I don't know if the world is ready for the Young Avengers yet."

        "Shadow you do understand, it has been ten years since the Avengers. The world needs someone to protect it," I piped in.

        "Airy, you heard your father himself, 'I may not be able to ban you but, I can cast you out of this realm because I protect it.' You heard him. The world doesn't need me. The world might not even need all of us."

        "That doesn't mean you can just go and quit! You have to keep training until the time comes when we need you all!" Director Fury was starting to get furious (ha ha get it?). 

        "Actually Fury, I think it does," Shadow replied, then cut the connection.

        Director Fury pushed his chair back as he stood up, "I think you should all go pack. It seems as if the Young Avengers Initiative, is over."

~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~

        I was finishing pack my things (which was not very much) when Unity leaned on the door frame, "You about ready?"

        "As ready as I will ever be," I looked around the room, "I am really going to miss this place. Even if I was only here for two months," a giggle escaped from Unity's mouth. I linked my arm in her's and we walked our way down to the 'living room.'

        Everyone was there, of course not the Starks. Elizabeth, Matthew, and Unity all had over sized bags. While I had a small one. Father came and put his arm and rested it on my shoulder. I looked up to him as if saying Where will we go? He noticed me looking and said, "Asgard. We must go back. Loki is there. I am the king, and Asgard is our home."

         I thought of Sif in Asgard. Would she become Queen? How was she going to take the news of me knowning about being her daughter? I let the thoughts sink in as Director Fury dismissed us to return to whatever we did before we were Avengers.

        "Barton, you're staying with us. The rest of you; have a nice life," he waved us away.

        Elizabeth waltzed up to me and Unity, "So where are you guys going?"

        "Asgard. Where are you off to, Unity?" I asked patiently. 

        "The city, again. I'm just heading back to mom and dad's place. I have to go to school, if they'll even let me in," she noticed our confused looks, "Oh, never mind," I still had a confused face, "What is it, Airy?"

        "What is school?"

~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~

        After a few hours in a coffee shop (yes the one we followed Mr. Rogers to), I am not sure how we ended up here, saying that none of us drink coffee. Unity and Elizabeth finally got me to understand what 'school' is. They said it's a 'learning centre.' Where you are taught how to do everyday things. No wonder we do not have school on Asgard. We are not stupid enough to sit and listen to a person talk about everyday life, when we should be fending off other realms who threaten Asgard (and Midgard). 

        "Elizabeth, you never said where you shall be going," I said in a time of silence. 

        "Oh you know, around," we glared at her for the truth, "Fine," she hung her head in defeat, "I'm going to India. Dad said that's where he can help people, and it's much less stressful, so the 'Other Guy' won't come out."

        "India? Really? Lizzy, that's amazing!" exclaimed Unity. 

        I smiled wide, they both looked at me, "What's up, Airy?" Elizabeth asked.

        "Get ready to do some more explaining, I do not know what India is," they both started laughing uncontrollably. So then, we spent a few more hours in the small coffee shop, sharing information of each others realms. 

        A young man came over to us, "Might want to wrap it up, ladies. Starting to close up," we nodded and grabbed our things, and headed out to the large city ahead waiting for us.

        I looked at them, and they looked at me. I glared at a street; the one that leads to S.H.I.E.L.D. I sighed, "I guess this is where we part ways."

        "I guess so," the two said in unison. We hugged, and headed our separate ways. I walked along a dark alley, taking a short cut. A few tough looking men came my way but, I was to angry/sad to deal with them, so I flipped them over me with air, and kept walking. I sighed, life is never going to be the same for me. I really hopped Director Fury would think about bringing back the New Avengers, I was going to miss it. If it made everyone feel better, Shadow could just stay out of it.

        I flew the rest of the way to S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ where I met up with Father. "Heimdall," he said, "Take us home."

NOTE: rest of these chapters are unedited + not re-rewritten yet. my bad.