Chapter Six

Chapter Six

        "So, who's up first?" Mr. Stark asked quite excitedly. He rubbed his metal palms together.

        We all turned to Shadow. She put up her hands in defense, "Wait, what? You want me to go up against my own dad?!"

        "Yup, so get on out there!" Unity said as she pushed Shadow out to the middle of the room.

        Shadow suited up, and then the training started. At first the two were just staring at each other down finding the perfect time to attack. Mr. Stark was the first one to attack. He lunged at Shadow but, Shadow anticipated the move and easliy rolled out of the way. Director Fury walked in as the two were lunging and rolling, "Don't go easy on her Stark!" he shouted, laughing. 

        The two stopped for a moment, "Really?! You too Fury?!" Shadow rolled again, this time shooting a few beams at Mr. Stark. He dodged a couple but, one hit him in the shoulder. Shadow chuckled, "Didn't see that one comin' now did ya dad?" 

        "I've been told not to go easy on you," I could hear an evil smirk plastered all over his face.

        "Then it's on," Shadow hissed. That's when all Odin broke loose. Mr. Stark shot missiles, beams, anything he could get a hold of. Shadow managed to dodge or hit a few back in return. I turned to see how everyone was reacting to this. Mr. Rogers was looking as if this was a terrible, brutal war. All of the Barton's looked as if the didn't want to get into it. Father looked as if he felt bad for Shadow. Dr. Banner looked shocked. Elizabeth looked completely shocked as well. Unity looked scared for Shadow. Director Fury looked as if this was the best day of his life. Me? I was a mix of emotions. 

        I felt mad because it looked as though Shadow and Mr. Stark were having not a training session but, a fight almost to the death. Of course we would know who would win. Mr. Stark; he was larger, he had more experience fighting, and he was more skilled than Shadow. I felt extremely furious when Mr. Stark used his arc reactor (new and improved) to blast Shadow into the cement and metal  wall. Mr. Stark was about to blast her again with his hand beam, "NO!" I shouted. Mr. Stark turned to me. I walked out from behind the 'super' glass wall, "No," I hissed at him while walking towards him, "You are not willing to hurt your own daughter are you?" he looked down to Shadow; who was limp against the wall, "I thought so. Step away from her Mr. Stark, and get out," he just stared at me through the mask, "I said, GET OUT!" he slowly (but surely) walked out of the room. 

        I ran over to Shadow, who was and looked quite limp, "Shadow? Shadow, can you hear me?!" I yelled into her face.

        "I sure can, but could you stop yelling?" I laughed a little. I opened the mask, revealing her face.

        "Are you okay?"

        "No," she looked at the worried look on my face, "I'm kidding, I'm fine."

        Director Fury examined the amount of damage in the room, "Well, I think that's enough training for the day."

~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~~

        I literally dragged Shadow out of the room, and to the infirmary, even though she said she was fine. Just wanting to make sure. Shadow was released quite quickly. The nurse said she didn't have any injuries. Well that's a good sign. 

        Me and Mr. Stark were not exactly on 'speaking terms' after training. In fact, I have not even seen him! Shadow says she has not either. I have heard he has been in his lab, at Stark tower. Well I do not care, its not like I am going to go see him. 

        I walked slowly back to my room, after dropping by Shadow's room to make sure everything was okay. Since I had heard her mom had died, her dad and her have been fighting, training has bummed her out, I thought I might as well have checked on her. She said she was okay, so I took that as my cue to leave her alone for now. As I passed Unity's room, I thought I might just hang out with her for a while.

        I knocked on the door, "Unity? Are you there?"

        She opened the door, "Hey! Come on in!" she wavered me into the room. It looked the same as mine, apparently all the rooms look the same. I sat down in a chair close by her bed, "So, why'd you drop by so suddenly?"

        I laughed a little, "Don't I always?"

        he nodded, "Yeah, why did you drop by?"

        "I was seeing if you wanted to ask your father about why he was at the coffee shop."

        "Oh. Well, I can tell you that. My dad already told me," I mouthed 'o', "I'm not sure why he wanted to meet mom up at a coffee shop, and not at S.H.I.E.L.D. but, I think they just didn't want to be crowded by everyone here," That meant Mr. Stark. He has always made fun of Mr. Rogers.

        "That would make a lot of sense but, I do have to ask: what is your mother's name?"

        "Shelby."

        "I will be sure to remember that," I smiled. Shelby sounds nice. I will most definitely have to meet her. So we chatted for a few hours, letting the time fly. When we finally looked at the time it was close to ten o'clock. I stood up, "I might want to get going, we do have training tomorrow."

        "See ya tomorrow!" she hollered after me. I waved back.

        As soon as my head hit my pillow, I was out like a light. When I woke, there were several people towering over me.

NOTE: rest of these chapters are unedited + not re-rewritten yet. my bad.