#14

They both arrived in their room, and Star noticed that she has a few missed calls from Moon.
"Sorry, mother I was out of my room and I forgot my phone," Star said nervously.
"It's okay, I think your father is okay with everything, you know..." Moon sounded kind of disappointed, but she did a good job at hiding it.
Star giggled, "thanks, do you want to talk to Marco?"
Marco was shaking his head at Star and  waving his hands around.
"I'll put him on," Star smiled sweetly at Marco and passed him the phone, he huffed and took it gently, making extra work of it so he could touch her hand.
"Hello? Is that Marco Diaz?" Moon put on her posh accent.
"Yes, are you Stars mum?" Marco tried to sound polite, as he was speaking to royalty.
"Yes, it's nice to meet you Diaz, you are Star's love am I right?"
"Yeah," Marco blushed a little and turned away from Star.
"So you think you can rule a kingdom?"
"I'm not sure, but I promise I will try my best,"
"That's a start," Moon chuckled nervously.
"Sorry, but where do you live again?" Marco cleared his throat, Star giggled at how formal he was speaking.
"A place far away from earth, only accessible by dimensional scissors. I'm sure Star told you about them, am I right?"
"Yeah, she told me everything."
"Okay, Marco you sound like a nice boy, but I still have to talk about this to my family, it's untraditional for a Mewman to marry a human," Moon cleared her throat, "will you put Star back on the phone?"

..*..

Star was curled up in her bed, Marco was snoring loudly next to her, she pulled her pillow over her head and groaned into it.
"Marco!" She whispered.
No answer, he wasn't waking up anytime soon.
She got up and headed to the bathroom, the door was open.
"That's weird," Star mumbled, "I could've sworn I closed it earlier."
She peaked around the corner.
"Jackie?!" Star shouted, "what the hell!?"
Jackie shushed her, "Star, I didn't think you'd be awake."
"And I didn't think you'd be in my house! How did you even get in here, and why?!" Star was shocked, she knew Jackie still loved Marco, but she didn't know she was this crazy.
"Star, I- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Star!" Jackie broke down crying in front in her, and held onto Star for support.
"Get off me," Star stepped back, "Jackie what do you want?!"
"I just want my best friend back, I don't want to date him or steal him from you, I just want to see him again, but he won't talk to me!" Jackie calmed herself down and rubbed her eyes.
Marco came into the bathroom to see what the commotion was about.
"Jackie?! Star?!" Marco rubbed his eyes and looked around, his and ex and his girlfriend in the same room, not a good combination...
"Marco! I'm sorry, I used the spare key you gave me ages ago, I just want to see my best friend again!"
"Jackie! You could've just asked, you don't have to do this, go back to your room, I'm way too tired for this."
Marco walked out of the bathroom and paused, " and I want that key back."

..*..

"Marco! You snore so loud, move up!" Star groaned as Marco's arm hit her in the face.
"Sorry Star," Marco wrapped his arm around her neck and pulled her closer to him.
He kissed her forehead and her hair tickled his nose. He laughed at the contact.
"What's so funny?!" Star looked at Marco.
"Nothing," Marco ran his fingers down her back and back up again, he continued this cycle and it caused Star's spine to tingle.
Star carefully moved Marco's hair away from his face and kissed him gently, he tasted like he had just ate a whole bag of skittles.

..*..

"Morning, my Butterfly, would you like breakfast?" Marco said in a very posh accent.
"Loose the accent, Diaz!" Star giggled.
"So that means you don't want anything? More for me!"
"No! I do!" Star pleaded.
It was a Saturday morning, and Star was happier than ever, nothing could possibly go wrong, the love of her life had agreed to marry her and she was finally ready to rule Mewni.
"Thanks Marco!" Star said happily as he passed her a plate of bacon and eggs.
"I need something in return, Princess," Marco smirked, winked and leaned down so their faces were level.
"And what could that possibly be?" Star put the plate down and leaned forward so their faces were inches apart.
Marco planted a huge kiss on her lips and went to get his own breakfast.
Star rolled her eyes and sat down on her bed, tucking into her breakfast.
"You should be a chef," Star smiled, her mouth was full of bacon.
"Thanks, Butterfly," Marco smiled.
Star's phone buzzed next to her.
"Who is it?" Marco asked when she read the message.
"Oskar, one of his close friends is hosting some party at his house tonight, he wants us to go."
"Shall we go?" Marco got up and Star showed him the message.
"Yeah, if you want," Star smiled.

..*..

2 hours later Star and Marco were finally ready for the party.
Star was wearing a short black dress with netting as sleeves and Marco was wearing black jeans and a black shirt.
"You got the address?" Marco asked suddenly.
"Yeah, I got the directions on my phone," Star smiled and held up her phone.
Star pulled on a silver jacket over her dress to block out the chilly winter wind.
They got out onto the street and star linked onto Marco, "hold me, I can't walk in heels," Star blushed.