#10

At lunch, Star ran to the cafeteria, dragging poor Katie along behind her.

"Star!" Jackie said happily as Star sat down opposite her, she was sitting opposite to Marco and they were holding hands across the table.

"Hey guys," Star brushed a loose piece of hair from her face.

Katie sighed as she sat next to Jackie, Jackie turned to face her, "what's up?"

"Nothing, I'm just a little tired, that's all." Katie rubbed her eyes and stared contently at the table.

Stars phone began ringing loudly, she picked it up, it was a call from her mum... Moon...

"Sorry guys, I have to take this," Star got up and raced to the courtyard.

She answered the phone, "hey mum, what's up?"

"Hello, Star, hows earth?"

Star was happy to finally hear her mothers voice again.

"Its, great, I've made so many friends, I will admit, I glad I came here."

"That's great, Star, remember you have to come back to Mewni at some point though," Moon sounded excited, "and then you get to be queen."

Star laughed, "yeah, but, do I have to leave yet?"

"Not yet, but remember you can't stay there forever, once you get home we can find you an eligible prince and you can marry and rule the kingdom together."

"Right, but, what if I don't want to marry a random person?"

"Then find a person you would like to marry, preferably a mewman."

"Okay then, I have to go, see you later, mother!" Star hung up the phone.

~Star's pov~

I wasn't ready to leave earth, I had made friends that I overly adore and I'm not ready to leave them all. I've known about this for a long time, but now its here, I'm so not ready.

Marco came looking for me, I must've been thinking for a long time because it was time for the next lesson, he found me with my head in my hands.

"Hey, Star, you okay?"

I looked up at him, and he looked extremely worried.

I sniffed sharply, "I'm fine, can we go to lesson?"

Marco nodded and we left.

..*..

~No ones pov~

Star thought about what her mother had said to her for the entire lesson, she paid no attention to what the teacher was trying to tell her.

Why had her mother sent her down here?  Well, it was so she could learn to conceal her magic properly, she went a little overboard on mewni, and ended up being found out by a human, but their memory was wiped and it's all okay now.

"Star?" Marco waved his hand in front of her face, causing her to stop her thoughts.

"What?"

"What's up, you're acting strange, today, who called you?" He was starting to go pale.

"Oh, it was my mother, I miss her, and yet I don't want to go home," Star covered her mouth, she had said a little too much for her liking, but Marco didn't seem to notice.

Marco nodded, "everything is fine, Star, you may miss your mother, but you have your friends to keep you company, you will never be alone."

Star smiled slightly and looked to the front.