Chapter 10

Luke felt his back hit roughly against the wall. Justin and Ronnie held his arms down tight against the cold brick that scraped at his skin.
"Yea! Get him babe!" He heard Lisa scream. He wasn't sure who exactly she was talking to but it didn't matter. Luke struggled against the weight but couldn't budge.
"You asked for this that day. If you thought you could ever get away with that shit you probably don't have any brain cells." Hunter held Luke down by Luke's chest and smiled.
"I'm going to enjoy this." And with that a cold, rough fist smashed into Luke's face. The impact sent his head swerving to the side. He looked back up to another first coming down on his eye. Every time he sat his head upright, a fist would swing down on it again. Luke spat as Hunter's fist dug into his jaw. This time he kept his head hung low, panting. Luke yelled as Hunter grabbed his hair intently and shoved his head against the wall. He could see now that Hunter's hand had a deep red, sticky substance covering it and he soon realized the feeling in his nose. It felt as if a fountain had been turned on. Luke could feel his heart pounding in his ears. He felt like blood was rushing to his head. He could almost feel the blood filling his ears and dripping into his eyes to cover his vision with the thick black-red liquid. He tried to shake it away but Hunter punched him again, in the stomach this time. Luke could hear the group screaming at him, throwing insults and useless questions, laughing and scoffing, but he couldn't make out what they were saying. He felt dizzy. He could smell the bitter scent in his nose and the metallic taste in his mouth. Hunter grabbed his shirt and threw him to the ground. His hands scraped roughly against the chalky sidewalk and when he looked down at them he saw fresh blood sticking to his palms. However, he could only sit staring for a second because a foot kicked him in the ribs and he fell over on his back. The pain in his side was piercing.
"Get up!" Luke heard faintly.
"Common don't be a pussy! Get. Up!" Luke tried to stumble to his feet but he was pushed back down.
"I told you to get up!" Luke wanted to speak, to throw insults back at those idiots, but when he opened his mouth all that came out was a dry, nearly soundless groan. Luke rolled over and stood up, his hands on his knees.
"Stand up! Be a man! You're obviously not man enough for that girl-boy thing!" Luke sprung up and punched Hunter as hard as he could in the face. Hunter fell back butt first onto the concrete. Luke jumped at him but the rest of the group held him back.
"Fuck you, asswhole! We all know your just a douche to everyone else because you can't get over your own fucking problems!" Luke screamed in a raspy voice. Hunter growled, still on the ground.
"Shut up, fag." He hissed in a quiet voice.
"We all have our problems and our insecurities! But do you see others going around making others feel worse to cover up for your pathetic ass?! There's other coping mechanisms!" Hunter sprung up and punched Luke square in the face but he didn't stop there. He continue at Luke, tackling him to the ground. Luke hit hard, Hunter on top of him, who grabbed his shirt and held him down.
"I'm not like you freaks." Hunter whispered aggressively. Luke thought he could hear his voice shake.
"And what distinguishes 'us freaks' and you?" Hunter glared at him. He knew the answer but didn't want to say it.
"Fuck you." He grabbed his throat, squeezing. Luke choked trying to breath.
"Whoah... Hunter..." Ronnie warned, taking a step forward.
"Shut up!"
"Dude really I don't think you should..."
"Shut up!" A weight was lifted from Luke as Hunter was tugged away from him. He saw Justin fall over and Ronnie turn around in surprise. Everything was blurry, it was all happening to fast. He backed away and stood up, letting his vision clear. Finally he could see what was happening. Luke's friends and Hunter's friends were throwing punches and tackling each other. Luke looked around at all of them in shock. His friends were over powering them. With a jolt, Luke looked around to find-
Hunter was knocked viciously to the ground, Matt standing above him. Luke could feel his whole face brighten. Matt was glaring down at Hunter, who stared back at him angrily, although... Luke thought he could see something else in his eyes. Was it... sadness? Guilt? Hunter stood up and Matt didn't try to stop him. Hunter's buddies were already starting to retreat.
"Common man! We can't beat them!" They shouted to him. Hunter ignored them and opened his mouth but Matt pointed behind him.
"Go." Hunter hesitated, looking down for a second, then fled. Six people stood before him, including Matt. Chris had long, brown hair that went down to his waist, a crooked smile, gentle black eyes, and just the hint of a beard on his chin. He was taller then all of them and a metalhead but despite his height and the brutal music he liked, he was probably the most caring person in the world. Ashley had long, black hair shorter then Chris' and she wore an excessive amount of eye liner over her piercing grey eyes. She had pale white skin, a contrast to her dark clothing. She was sarcastic and witty, and she loved dark humor but she was actually very kind and chill. One side of Alex's head was shaved, the other half was short, light blue that went down to her chin. Her eyes were a similar color blue and they were warm and welcoming. She was the shortest out of all of them and very sweet. She had a tumblr and she loved aesthetics and she listened to punk rock practically all the time. Piercings lined her lips, nose, and ears along with James who was a bit taller then her and had dark skin. His spiky black hair covered one eye and his eyes were a dark brown and he was just as sweet as Alex. His voice was soft and smooth and he almost always wore a gentle smile. Last was Victor who had short, fluffy, white hair similar to Black Parade Gerard's. His eyes were light blue like Alex's but a hint lighter. His jawline was sharp and he had a determined look on his face most of the time. He loved to wear makeup and even had a makeup tutorial channel. Some people hated him for it but he didn't care. It was what made him him. They all turned to stare at Luke, who hadn't remembered how much he missed them until he saw them now. He hadn't seen them sense he met Ryan and he felt a churning feeling in his stomach. These were his best friends. And he hadn't talked to them in so long. He tried to bare a smile but couldn't. The looks on their faces only made him feel worse. Alex and James had sad looks in their eyes, Chris looked sad but seemed like he felt bad for Luke to. Victor stared intently on the ground, an angry yet calm expression looming behind his eyes. Ashley was fuming with anger.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She snapped at him. Luke flinched and looked down. He opened his mouth but no words came out.
"Why haven't you talked to us? All of a sudden you have a new life of your own and we're just not important any more? What the fuck, Luke! Look at me!" Luke hesitantly made eye contact with the furious person standing before him.
"You just straight up don't talk to us anymore! No warning! No sign or anything! How can you do that to us?! We're your family, Luke! Family is supposed to help and take care of family! Not just up and leave especially when your family needs you!"
"Ash..." Chris put his hand on her shoulder, glancing at Matt, who's face was blank, empty of emotion.
"No, Chris. He needs to hear this. He can't just-"
"But what about him? We don't know what happened on his side of the st..."
"That doesn't mean he can just shun us! Whatever's happened he can't just block us out of his li-"
"Ashley." Matt spoke for the first time. This time she closed her mouth.
"Guys go home." He turned to walk away.
"Matt, wait!" Everyone stopped to look back at him.
"I said go home." Matt said firmly to the rest and they all continued walking.
"Matt thank you. And I'm sorry. We should really ta..."
"Luke. You missed your chance. Just go home." He turned to walk away.
"No! Matt turn around! You used to be so happy and crazy and make stupid puns and-"
"Well you didn't stick around to see that side of me!" Matt turned around, all calm lost. Luke felt a spark of irritation inside him.
"You no what? Fuck no! I'm not the one who fucking pushed you away! It's time I stop letting you play the victim like I did something SO wrong. Ok I didn't go to lunch with you ONCE. Fucking once! And after that I texted you. I tried to talk. But you threw a fucking hissy fit and didn't talk to me. And I'M the immature one?! YOU'RE the one who pushed ME away, Matt! You're such full of shit!!!" Matt flinched.
"I'm STILL trying to make up. And you STILL won't talk. I'M not the one who lost his fucking chance." Matt was silent. He stood, feet away from Luke. His hands were limp, his eyes on the ground. His lip twitched. And then his eye. And just like that he was in tears.