Chapter 9 -An Incident-

Third Person POV

It was another day of classes at Beacon Academy and everyone one was in their respective classes, Mystogen, RWBY, and JNPR were in combat class. Jaune and Cardin were in the fighting arena, Jaune was panting on the ground while Cardin laughs at his opponet's tiredness. Jaune gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as Cardin's mace sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

"This is the part where you lose," Cardin said.

"Over my dead-" Jaune said before being cut short by Cardin kneeing him in the guy.

Jaune fell down on the ground and Cardin was about to swing his mace down before a gunshot rand and Cardin's weapon was thrown out of his hand. The students turned to where the shot came from to see Mystogen with his hand cannon in hand. Cardin stared down Mystogen while grabbing his mace and stood there.

"Thank you Mystogen. Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit to battle and that the official may call the match," Glynda turns her head at the losing warrior as he pulls our a smaller tablet with his low, blinking stats and that of his entire team, "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now please try to refer to your Scroll during combat gauging your aura will help you to decide it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a beowolf, now would we?"

"Speak for yourself," Cardin said leaving the stage, Mystogen stared at him.

"Remeber everyone, The Vytal Festival is only a few months away it won't be long before students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing. Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale," Glynda said.

The bell rang signifying that it was the end of the period and everyone started to leave.

Mystogen's POV

It was lunch and we were in the cafeteria, Blake was reading, Yang and I were listening to Nora's story, Weiss was filing her nails, and Ruby and Pyrrha were worried about Jaune who was playing with his food.

"Dozens of them!" Nora said.

"Two of 'em," Ren corrected.

"But they were no match, in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren sighs, "She's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now,"

Pyrrha looked at Jaune, "Jaune, are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, why?" Jaune responded.

"It's just that you seem a little..." Ruby said.

"Not okay," I finished.

"Eh, guys, I'm fine. Seriously look!" Jaune smiling and giving a thumbs up which was as fake as me saying I'm human.

I looked over to see Cardin and his little team mocking a brown-haired rabbit faunus, man I hate people like him.

"Jaune, Cardin has been picking on you since the first week of school," Pyrrah noted.

"Who? Cardin Winchester?" Jaune asked.

"No Cardinal Winchester," I sarcastically said getting a stare from Pyrrha.

 "He just likes to mess around, you know? Practical jokes!" Jaune said.