Chapter 8 - The Deal

Mary’s POV

Well, morning came in a good way. My foot finally got better and as well as my cold, sooner than I expected, but still its good thing! With this I can finally confront things with Dean…

As soon as I stepped in the hallway, everyone’s eyes turned to me with whispered words coming out of their mouths. No one even bothered saying good morning to me, which is pretty weird since they always do…

What’s wrong now?

I entered the classroom and sat down at my regular seat. Even here it was all the same and it’s starting to really irritate me. I wanted them to stop, of course… but more importantly I want to know why their obviously talking about me!

I stood up and furiously banging my desk, causing the whispering to stop. I opened my mouth to talk when…

“Hey Pres! Where are those paper works I gave you yesterday? I need to submit those later.”

My mouth hanged in disbelief. I can’t believe this guy… does he have mental problems or what? Can’t he sense the, oh so obvious atmosphere?

Oh I give up…

I just crossed my arms and sat back down, eyebrows furrowed, and eyes twitching in frustration. The murmuring came back, but wasn’t as loud as before.

The look on Jim’s face changed into a serious one. He grabbed a chair sitting on it facing me.

“I’m sorry… I knew you’d be like this… I just thought it’ll ease you up a bit…” I raised an eyebrow at him checking if he was seriously serious.

“Not until I talk thing out with Dean.” “thought so. Want me to help?” he was smiling… is he worried about me?

A light laugh came out of him but quickly faded, replaced by his serious voice. “If I’m going to help out… you should know what’s going on about school today.” “Yeah, about that what is everyone whispering about?” except from the fact that it’ me.

“Well that’s…” Before Jim could finish his words, the door banged open earning everyone’s sight.

Stood there was a small (but not as small as me) girl with a ribbon tying up her hair, along with a very familiar boy holding hands.

The girl had a huge grin on her face, boasting out her new feel of power, while the boy just had a neutral look.

They walk towards us as the girl look down at the other girls they passed and stopped in front of me and Jim and greeted us with big smiles… well Caroline had them.

“Good Morning!” she said. Dean scoffed and quickly turned back. Annoyed, I grabbed his wrist and gave him a look, “We need to talk.”

He gave me a bored look before answering, “What’s to talk about?”

My eye twitched again. Is he really trying to piss me off?

“You know that I won’t let go until we talk.”

He sighed before giving a look at Caroline, almost as if he was asking permission or something. The big smile on Caroline’s face was now a frown. She irritatingly threw deans hand away and stomped her way to her seat.

Jim laughed again, “I’ll just go to my own room. You guys can have your privacy… oh, and I’ll take the papers now ok?” Jim then walked away with the papers on hand and the other in his pocket.

So? What do you want?”

What the hell with the snobbish attitude? “What’s with you?”