Chapter 4 - Pained Past

Mary’s POV

“W-what?”  was the only thing I was able to utter out.

But he didn’t replied and started moving closer to me until we were just a step apart. My hands started finding something to grab on until I felt the wall behind me. Dean positioned his face an inch apart from mine, “I’m acting like this… because ever since the election, you got popular.” I only blinked, not knowing what I should do now.

Soon enough I found myself in a difficult position, where both of Dean hands where blocking ways for me to get out. “And the number of your admirers you’ve been having is making me… j-jealous!” He said lowering his head. No kidding… I’m not really a very sociable person back then. I just kept quiet and put what matters to e as top priority, and obviously the only person I’ve ever kept in touch with is Dean…

Sure people say that I’m beautiful, which for me is actually hard to believe since I don’t even try to be. But they say its natural beauty or carp… I don’t really care!  Because no matter how hard those boys try I will always and I mean always say NO.

“… So let me get this straight…” I started, “You’ve been weird… because you were Jealous?” I pointed out. He raised his head and swallowed hard before he nodded his head.

“Pfft… Ahahahahahaa!” I laughed uncontrollably. Why am I laughing? (Laughs) I think he’s serious? Is he? … I think he is… but… why am I laughing about this?

I kept asking myself that question over and over trying to recall why I even started laughing. If I knew he was serious then why am I laughing? Stop laughing idiot! You know very well why you’re laughing…

You’re trying to avoid it…

Dean’s POV

Mary started laughing.

“W-what’re you laughing about!?” I asked demandingly, annoyed at her reaction. She looked at me and laughed even harder. “I’m serious Mary!”

She finally started to quiet down and started patting my shoulder, “(laughs) Dean i-if (laughs) if you wanted my attention… (laughs)… You should have just said it from the start!” I started gritting my teeth. “Mary look at me!” She stared at me with faint laughs still leaving from her mouth. “I-Love-You!” The laughter stopped replaced by a smile, “I love you too, best. Now come on I’m craving for some cakes.”

She pushed my hands down and began walking to the café again. I finally snapped and grabbed her shoulder piercing her on the wall again. “What hell Dean!?” She started protesting and hitting me. “You don’t get it do you? I Love you! Not as a friend, not even as a best friend… but as a girl… whom I loved so dearly since childhood!”

I expected her to stare at me in confusion, shock, worried or something. Heck I even thought she’d look at me as if I was a ghost! But no… this girl always seems to amaze me…