Chapter one

Rich. One word that made a life changing decision.

When my dad won the lottery, we immediately moved to sunny California, into the city of Panem. We dragged our luggages down District Two street.

My dad, being the friendly man he is, made us visit the neighborhood. We went down District Four street a few blocks away because he heard they had good seafood. We dragged on all the way to Twelve, and into the bakery for cheese buns. There was a boy around my age. "Hello, welcome to Mellarks' Bakery, how can I help you?" The boy asked. My dad did all the talking while I fiddled with my charm bracelet. "Hi, I'm Peeta," the boy said, once my father went to the restroom. "Will you be attending Panem High as well?"
"Yes. My name is Clove. I'm new.Are you a freshman?" Peeta nodded. "You can hang out with my friends and I." I nodded. "Thank you."

I wasn't used to having such a big room. I had my bed, a walk-in closet, a nice bathroom, and a tv. I was pressing my back to the balcony when a voice whispered, "Hello, Clove," I was so startled and I jumped back. I turned to see a laughing Peeta. "Peeta!" I wailed." You sacred the crap out of me!" Peeta laughed. He was balance in a small ladder with a laughing girl. "Hi, I'm Katniss," she wheezed. "Clove," I said. "Does school start Monday?" Katniss nodded. After she and Peeta left I started to get ready for school tomorrow. I lay out super-skinny jeans with a purple top and purple converses.
I was glad that I made new friends and all. But I was even more relieved I got away from him. My rude, tough, hurtful boyfriend. Brady.