Chapter 1

Chizuru POV

This..is Haku...It's twelve day's north of hopeless and a few degrees south of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the meridian of misery...my village...in a word sturdy and it's been here for seven generations but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the passes. You see most places have mice, or mosquitos...but we have..

I went to close the door so I wouldn't get burned by the dragon.

"Dragons". I said and ran out of my house

Most people would leave...not us...were vikings..we have stubbornness and issues...my name's Chizuru. Great name. I know but it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten giants or trolls like our charming viking demeanor.

I looked around and saw dragons. I grew excited. Than a guy fell onto me. He yelled and smiled at me. "Morning". He said and ran to go kill a dragon. I sighed. I ran to go help some dragons I past some vikings who glared at me and stated saying. "What are you doing here" and "get back inside". I almost ran to fire so someone pulled me away. "Chizuru. What are you doing. Are you okay. Are you hurt". Hijikata asked and checked my face and cupped my cheeks. I sighed. "Hijikata. You don't have to kill the dragons. There has to be another way". I said but he ignored me and looked for any damages. "Go back inside. Okay love". He said and kissed my nose and pushed me to go back inside.

That's the great Hijikata Toshizo. Chief of the tribe. They say when he was a baby he popped dragons head clean off with his shoulders. Do I believe it...yes I do.

Hijikata POV

I grabbed wood and threw it at a flying dragon. I sighed and looked at one of the guys. "What have we got". I asked. "Gronkles, Zipple back and monstrous nightmare". He said. He got prepared and covered his shield over his head because a dragon blast fire behind us. A hint of fire went on my shoulder but I ignored it and looked at the sky. "Any night furies". I asked. "None so far". he said. I sighed. "Good". I said and wiped off the tint of fire. I looked and saw the love of my life ran somewhere. I sighed and smiled. Oh my Chizuru.

Chizuru POV

I ran to go help my good friend Kondou, Also Hijikata best friend. I knew him since I was little...well..littler. I went inside the weapon building. "Nice of you to join the party. I thought you didn't want to hurt dragons". He said. I glared at him. "I don't. It's just these men can't get that the dragons are only stealing the sheep's because there hungry". I said. I grabbed a knife and put it in my bag. "Well you know how the village like Chizuru". He said. I sighed. I put my hair into a ponytail. I looked out and saw the annoying three. Souji, Heisuke, Saito, shinpachi and harada. They say there the coolest kids in the village but there annoying in my opinion but I love there job. I just want a job like there's but Hijikata won't let me because he thinks I'll get hurt. I sighed and cleaned a sword. I was about to sneak out but Kondou held me back. "Eh. Where do you think your going princess". He asked. I groaned. "Come on. Let me out. I need to save my fellow dragons". I said. he sighed. "You know the chiefs rules and besides. You can't lift a hammer, swing a axe, you can't even throw one of these". He said and grabbed something and threw it at a flying dragon who fell to the ground. I growled. "Listen Chizuru. If you want to go out there and fight dragons you have to stop with all...this". He said. I rolled my eyes. "You just gestured to all of me". I said. He sighed. "Yes. Stop being all of you". He said. I growled. "Ooohhh". I said. "Ooooh". He repeated me. "You sir are playing a dangerous game, keeping this much taw, vikingness contained. There will be consequences". I said. He chuckled and booed my nose. "I'll take my chances cutie. Make shier you clean the sword over there". He said. I rolled my eyes and wiped my nose. I walked over there and started cleaning the sword.

Like I said I love dragons. There are different dragons. There's a matter head, gronkle are tough, the silver back are the two headed dragons, the monstetous nightmare are the ones that can make them self go on fire, but my most favorite kind of dragon is the...

"NIGHT FURY. GET DOWN". I heard from outside. I heard a huge blow. I gasped. I ran to the nearest window and it blast a building. I gasped.

This dragon never steals food, never shows himself and..never misses. No one has ever killed a night fury and I want to keep it that way. I saw Kondou run out to kill a dragon. I sighed and looked out. I saw the night fury being shot to the ground. I gasped. 'Oh no'. I thought. I looked around to make shier no viking saw me so I ran out and followed the night fury. I went to the edge the village and saw the dragon struggling to get out. I gasped. It looked at me and growled. I shushed him. "It's okay...it's okay...i'm not going to hurt you". I said. it stopped growling and just stared at me. It's blue eyes soften. It was a very beautiful dragon. It had beautiful white scales and a hint of sparkle in it. I breathed. I got my dagger out. It started to move back but I shook my head. "No. I'm going to get you out of here". I said. it stopped and come down. I started ripping the rope. Once I was done the dragon stared at me. It sat up. I looked and saw...it was a girl. I smiled. "...What a magnificent creature you are". I said. She came closer to me. I came closer to her. I raised my hand to touch her head. I felt her smile at me. For this wired reason...I felt power between us...powerful then any dragon in the universe. Than I heard a viking walking towards here. I gasped. I looked at the dragon. "Run. Now". I said. She whined and pushed me forward her but I shook my head. "You have to go. If I leave the they will come after me...than you". I said. She whined. I heard the guy getting closer. "Go". I said. She walked to the edge. She looked at me one more time before flying to the forest. I sighed and looked down. I heard someone walk over here. 'Here we go'. I turned around and was about to say something but...I saw a monstrous nightmare. It growled at me. I sighed. 'Here we go'.

Hijikata POV

I was tying up a deadly nadder until I heard a scream. I gasped and looked up and saw Chizuru almost being eaten by a monstrous nightmare. I sighed. Oh my Chizuru. When will you learn my love. I got up and ran to her. "DO NOT LET THEM ESCAPE". I yelled to the vikings and ran to her.

Chizuru POV

Fire went behind me. I gasped and moved to another side. I went behind a pole so it couldn't see me. Than fire went past me. I gasped and covered my head. I looked to see if it was still there but it wasn't. I looked the other side and saw it about to blast me. I gasped. Than Hijikata punched it. I sighed in relief. Hijikata fixed his viking helmet. The dragon spit out some fire. Hijikata kept punching it, over and over. I breathed. Once he hit the dragon one last time the dragon flew away. All the vikings came over and glared at me. I looked at Hijikata. He just stared at me. I sighed.

'Oh..and there's one thing you need to know...i'm the only girl in my village'.

"Chizuru". They all said. I sighed. "Sorry". I said.