Heartbeat 23: Another

This chapter's a bit short since I wrote this during our free times in school.

Anyway, enjoy~ (o^^)o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh! There he is!” I hurriedly ran towards Sora when I spotted him walking in the direction of the school gate. “Sora!” I called.

“Good morn—“ I was about to put my hand on his shoulder and greet him when a hand suddenly restrained me from doing so. "Hmm...?" I looked over my shoulder to see who the owner of the hand was. “What are you doing?” I asked in a grumpy tone. How dare you ruin my morning with Sora!?

“Tsk.” I brushed his hand and briefly glared at him.

“Oh. Umeru.” Sora seemed to have noticed me, at last.

Eh? He looked a bit tired.

“Sora… Is something wrong? You look—“ I was about to touch his cheek when the hand restrained my wrist for the second time.

“Keep your hands off of Sora-sama,” the voice from behind me said.

Gaaaahhh!!! Now you’ve really done it, you asshole!

I swept the hand holding me and faced the guy on my back. “What the hell is wrong with you!?” I asked, my anger finally erupting.

The guy just looked down on me and remained silent. He was about 3-4 inches taller than me which made his downcasted look more irritating.

“Ahh! W-Wait, Umeru!” Sora grabbed my shirt from behind to calm me down. “That guy is--”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(in Sora’s POV)

“WHAT!??” My voice almost cracked from shouting. I breathed in once to calmly take in the current situation. “I object. I can take care of myself!” I firmly said.

“That’s not the point,” Dad said in his usual strict tone, but it was more settling than before. Well, we did fix our problem, but now... this comes. Another problem, but just mine.

“But-- This-- I-I’m already a high school student, you know? I can't--”

“So? I can’t have you spending your time alone with… that guy.”

“He has a name and it’s Umeru.”

“Also, he’ll act like a student so you won’t feel uncomfortable when you’re with him.”

“I’m already uncomfortable enough just thinking about having a bodyguard with me. Also, just because you know the headmaster doesn’t mean that you can do anything you like.”

“I’m your father. I can do anything.”

“You’re being unreasonable.”

To be honest, I can’t believe I’m talking in this way with him.

“Anyway, Seiran-kun will report everything that will happen between you and... that guy to me." He cleared his throat and continued. "And when I say everything, I mean 'everything'.”

"WHAT!?? I-I mean... I told you his name's Umeru."

Oh god. If only I knew that dad was like this, I’d rather he remained like how he was on the past.

“This is part of the test to see if that guy’s qualified.” Dad’s eyes glinted when he said that.

“I said his name's Umeru!" I said before heaving a sigh. "Tsk. How troublesome."