Heartbeat 0 : Prologue

Another boring day.

I'm Sorano, a typical senior high school student. Here I am, spending yet again another boring day.

"Hey Ume-kun, is it true that you and Yuka-chan broke up?" One of my classmates asked the guy sitting three desks away from my side.

"Say what!? You just became a couple last week!" The guy beside him butted in.

"I thought you loved her for real!" Another one, from his front, spoke with a loud but regretful tone. 

With a short pause, the guy my classmates kept on pestering finally answered. "...I realized that I didn't like her anymore, so I told her that and then she slapped me." 

"U-Uwaaahh... That was kinda harsh of you."

Love. Love. LOVE! My classmates are always talking about that shit. Me? As if I can even think about something like that! I'm a senior high student. And one with honors, for God's sake! I'd rather spend my time studying than group up with them and fool around!

I let out a loud sigh. "Ah," I noticed my classmate Umeru, the day's topic of gossip, looking at me.

Just when I was about to open my mouth and ask if something was wrong, he immediately averted his gaze.

What the heck is that casanova's problem? Is it not normal to let out such a loud sigh? I don't know why, but this guy has always been making my blood boil, even though he's not doing anything. Maybe because he's always been your resident playboy going from girl to girl and not even lasting for a month! Of course, every guy will get mad with that kind of attitude. Yes, I admit. He's blessed with good looks, he's from a wealthy family, and his grades are rather exceptional compared to others, but not with me. The only problem is his personality which I find to be... irritating. No, that's not the right word to describe it...

Obnoxious. That's right. Obnoxious! If only it weren't for that one incident, I would have already punched him in the face!

On that one, another, boring day... I...