Heartbeat 1: One another boring day...

It was one another boring day...

"Ugh... My head hurts... I shouldn't have stayed up all night studying."

It was our midterm exams today. So as usual, I was aiming to be the top of our class since I need to maintain my position, I studied hard last night and didn't notice that the sun was already up. The only thing that made me stop was the sound of our neighbor's rooster which serves as my wake-up call. I haven't gotten a chance to close my eyes since yesterday. And now, here I am, acting like a teenager with hangover.

"Sora, are you okay? You look like hell," Setsu asked me with a worried look on his face.

Are you stupid? Do I look okay to you, you idiot? Is what I wanted to say, but of course I can't say that.

This guy here is Setsu, my best friend since childhood. He's a really good guy, but he has the "I have good looks" attitude which is one of the reasons why his relationships doesn't seem to work out.

"Y-Yeah. Just hadn't had enough sleep," I answered, forcing a smile.

Hadn't had enough sleep? I didn't even get to sleep a blink! Ughhh... This headache is killing me. I hope the exams end soon.

...

Yeah right. The period has just started.

*ding dong ding dong*

"Okay, time's up! Pass your papers and you can have your break."

After our teacher left the room, the class became filled with noise.

"Ughhh... I'm so gonna flunk!" said one of my classmates.

"I didn't even get the chance to review our past lessons since I was so hooked up in playing 'A Kiss from the Prince' last night," another one sighed.

"Me too. I was so busy yesterday since my boyfriend invited me to their home."

W-What are these people saying? How can they do such irrelevant things when exams are coming up? We're graduating students, for God's sake! Anyway, I shouldn't bother about them. I need to revise the subjects for the afternoon period, but before that... Ughhh... My head...

I went to the nurse's office to ask for some headache medicine, but no one was there so I just went to look for some quiet place where I can study. Just then...

*slap!*

Uh-oh. My luck really seems to be running out today. It's Umeru and his current girlfriend, Aika, one of our school's beauties.

"You're the one who asked me out and now you want us to break up?" Aika, on the verge of tears, angrily spoke.

"Sorry, I don't like you anymore," Umeru bowed in apology and answered.

"Ughh... You... You should just go die, you jerk!" Aika shouted while glaring at Umeru. She ran past me with tears flowing from her eyes. She briefly showed a shocked expression when she saw that I was there. She must've felt embarrassed to know that I was watching them.

"Uwaaahh... T-That's the first time I've ever seen a girl cry," I unconsciously muttered.

"You..." Umeru reached his hand out attempting to touch me.

My body frozed. Ughhh... Oh no, what should I do? What am I supposed to say at times like this? I'm about to open my mouth to apologize, but then... everything suddenly... started spinning. 

"E-Eh? Wha--?" For a moment, I thought he was calling my name.

Ughhh... My head... I can't... anymore...