You aren't safe anywhere

***DEDICATED TO ONE OF MY FANS, who was there in the beginning of this story, and probably would be here till the end of it: iamfromwinterfell. So guys, go ahead and read his stories! Fan him, vote, and all that lovely stuff; he deserves it. GO! ;p***

Chapter 5: You aren’t safe anywhere

Mommy woke me up again this morning, but it was really early. I don’t remember how I got into my bed after what happened last night.

I tried telling her about the red living room, but she just shushed me and said, “No time to talk, Amber. Just pack up your stuff now, we’re going on a little vacation.”

What's a vacation?

I can’t ask questions though, because this morning mommy looked tired and angry. Maybe if I say something, she’ll hit me again.

I looked at the big brown clock and tried to read the time. The big hand was on six and the little hand was on five. I don’t understand what those numbers mean. I only understand it when the big hand is on the six and the small one is on the seven; that is the purple pills time.

“Mommy, how come we’re up so early?”

Mommy looked at me and frowned. Oh no!

“AMBER. For the UPTEENTH time, just pack up your stuff and let’s go. Dad is in the van already, and all of our stuff is packed; except yours. So you best hurry now, or we’ll leave you behind. And if you ask another of your stupid questions, I swear Im going to slap the daylights out of you.”

Oh no, oh no, I made mommy mad, I made mommy mad!

She hurried down the hallway and left me alone. I don’t know how to pack, what should I do?

I just did what I’ve seen in the cartoons, because that’s the only thing I knew. I took my pillowcase and stuffed it with two dresses, a few of my underwear and my toothbrush. I think that’s all I need for the ‘vacation’.

I took the pillowcase and grabbed my doll, and hurried to the front door. Mommy was already in the van, and she was hitting the car, so it made a BEEP BEEP sound.

I closed the front door and made my way to the van. I opened the back door and got inside, but when I tried to close the doors it got very hard, and it seemed like the door was stuck.

But I managed to close it anyway, I didn’t want to make mommy more angry than she already is.

I hated siting in the back of the van; it’s horrible. There is just one window and it’s very tiny, and I can’t speak to mommy or daddy because the front part of the van is not friends with the back part of the van, so there is a little wall in the middle. It’s very scary.

The back of the van is dark and it smells funny in there; like daddy’s old socks, ew!

I put the pillowcase in the corner and stood up so I could see the house one last time before we left on ‘vacation’.

The house looked like it was mad and angry that I was leaving; ha-ha, too bad for you house, Im leaving and I’m not taking you with me.

I looked out of the small window and saw a black shadow move near the front door.

The shadow started to look like a real person, and it changed colors…it became red, and its face became ugly and it had the smile of that crazy cat.

Oh no, it was the red people! But good thing Im in the car, and the red people can’t get me when Im all safe and sound with mommy and daddy.

The red person looked at me and waved. Then the voices came back into my head.

I hate it when the voices speak into my head. The voices don’t belong to me; they belong to the red people, but I guess the red people don’t like to speak out loud; so they speak in my head.

“Amber…”

I closed my ears with my hands and closed my eyes. Oh no, get out, GET OUT!

“Amber, why are you leaving us? Don’t you love me, Amber? Come back, come back…we won’t hurt you…come back, Amber…”

“No, no, no, leave me alone…I won’t come back, you’re going to hurt me…stop it, I can’t hear you, I took the purple pills so im going to feel all better soon….leave me alone!”

“AAAAAAMMMMMBERRRRRRRRRR….AAAAAAAMMBERRRRRRRRRRRR…”

The voice kept on saying my name over and over again, until all I could hear was its voice…We were already driving down a road, and I couldn’t see the red person again, so how come I could still hear its voice?

The back of the van became even darker, maybe the sun went to sleep.

I curled up in a corner and hugged my knees. My doll was in my arms, and I cuddled her in my arms.

“Don’t worry, Ivy, the red person won’t come back…just stay next to me and you won’t be scared none, I promise…” I told her, kissing her forehead.

Ivy was scared. I was scared, too.

I closed my eyes a tiny bit, ‘cause I was sleepy, and it was still very early in the morning. There was no one on the roads, and the sun isn’t awake yet. Sun’s best friend Moon was in the sky, watching us while Sun took a nap.

Sun is such a lazy silly billy! I smiled a little and forgot about the red people for a while, until…

Something moved in the corner of my eyes, and I turned around to see what it was.

The red person was in the van!

I gasped and tried to stand up, but I couldn’t move. I can’t move my feet or my arms, what’s happening to me mommy, am I going to die?

The red person looked at me, and when he saw that I couldn’t move, he smiled an evil smile.

“I told you you can’t get away from me, dear Amber. Tsk tsk, such a silly little girl you are! You think you could get away from me? Get this into your tiny little brain, Amber. I’LL FOLLOW YOU WHEREVER YOU GO. YOU ARE SAFE NOWHERE.”

My eyes got real big and I gulped. Oh, where was my mommy, wont she come help me?

The red thing shook its head and said, “Amber, your mommy doesn’t care about you. She won’t come save you. And this isn’t a vacation dear child; you’re going to visit another of those doctors again to give you more of those useless pills. Mortals are so stupid!”

 “But, Amber, I don’t think Im going to take you today, no. I think Im going to torture you; to keep on tormenting you till you can’t stand it anymore…I’ll make you suffer, Amber.”

What does that mean?

It laughed and crawled closer to me. NO, get away from me! I tried kicking my feet, but I couldn’t move at all.

It got so close to me I could smell its rotten breath and see its ugly yellow eyes.

“Now, sleep…and don’t forget, Amber…I’m watching you, wherever you are, wherever you go…I’ll be there.”

It touched my eyes, and I fell asleep. I felt like I was being dragged under the van, and I tried fighting back, but everything I did was useless; I was like a puppet.

The last thing I heard was the evil laugh of that red person.

***

not sure i like this chapter, but oh well! stuff is starting to happen...what do you think will happen to little Amber? would she succumb to the evil red person? or would she try to fight back? remember; expect the unexpected....

wait...

doesnt that make the unexpected expected?

....

whatever.

xoxo; maybella