Chapter Eight

You know, it was awkward during lunch the next day. Pattie almost found out about the hickey when I lowered my head to take a bite out of my chicken burger. I mean, I wrapped, in literal, my neck with a scarf because it was so cold. And it was summer. Freaking summer. How the hell could it be cold? Chilly's acceptable, but coldIt was really no wonder she grew suspicious about it.

Though, she was nice enough to not ask anymore questions after she'd ask the first. You'd be thinking: Justin would've helped me and tried to cover up for me, right? Well, hell. No. Technically he did help, but with nothing at all. He'd been chuckling all the way and Pattie had to dart her eyes back and forth between the both of us, causing me to narrow my eyes into slits.

Generally speaking, it wasn't nice...at all.

 So, the rest of the day I turned the air-conditioner on, drew the blinds, blasted random music off my iPod and locked myself in the room, away from Justin. Pattie had to go out with Carin for some kind of meeting again, anyway, so it was just the both of us at home. Alone.

"Come on, Cece! You know I'm just kidding! I couldn't help it!" I stared at the door. His voice was filled with sincerity that warmed my heart the slightest bit, melting the ice coated over it, but I wasn't going to give in. Oh, hell knows just how many times he'd said that. I've honestly lost count already.

When I ignored him and turned the volume to my song louder, which wasn't actually helping but Love Me Like You Do was playing, he started pounding on the door. And to be honest, I had a really stupid question I had to ask him.

Maybe I should let him in, whatever. I swear, it's just for my dumb question.

As I walked towards the door, I sighed multiple times before unlocking it and pulling it open, only to reveal a lethargic Justin. I felt like laughing, but I felt like hugging him, but then I remembered I should still be mad at him because I'm petty, so I raised my eyebrows at him, questioningly.

"Oh, my baby, baby, I'm begging, lady, lady; put me in the middle, that's where Im'ma start."

He shot me the cheekiest smile ever, and that's when I knew he was up to something. As though following the timing of the song, he took a swift glide into my room before closing the door right behind him. Grabbing onto my left hand with his left, he made me do a swirl seconds before I was cocooned in his arms.

"I like how your eyes complementing your hair," he whispered into my ears, his voice going low and husky with each word he said. He was doing this intentionally. He had a purpose. And heaven, no. I can't take this, holy crap. "The way that them jeans fit is making me stare; promise I'll be here forever, I swear―our body's touching while you love me like you do."

I clenched my fist and unclenched, doing the actions in a repetitive manner. He's seducing me and I'm falling hard as freak.

When I drew in a deep breath to calm myself down, I tried to pull myself away, but I couldn't. Instead though, I turned myself around and he cornered me. My back against the wall, his arms at either sides of me―no way in hell was this happening again. No.

"Love me like you do, like you do..."

He skillfully slid his hands down my sides before snaking them around my waist. I swear I tried resisting the urge to chew on my lower lip, but I couldn't help myself. The second the corners of his lips twitched, I knew he was gonna shoot me a sick smi―genuine smile?

He shot me a genuine smile.

"Hold me tight and don't let go. What am I to do? When you love me like you do; like you do, hold me tight and don't let go..."