Riders In The Sky

Hi everyone! The next chapter is here! And it's about to go down! The war has finally caught up with them.

Read to find out how this will affect Ava.

Thank you so much for the one that reviewed my last chapter. It means a lot to me!

I do not own "Pearl Harbor" only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Sunday, December 7th 1941

Ava didn't sleep that much that night. It was hot and sticky, so she only got a few hours of sleep after saying goodbye to Betty. She loved that girl.

The sun wasn't even up yet when she jumped out of bed. She looked at the clock in the living room. It was only 05.30 in the morning. Ava was deadly tired but because of that feeling that something was about to happen, kept her awake. She put on her jump suit and decided to drive over to Earl at the base he stayed at. She knew her plane was ready soon, and maybe this was the day she could finally fly it... Earl told her that he would do the last check-up and the he promised Ava that she would be able to take it up in the air soon. She couldn't wait.

It was still early, when she drove her car out to the base. The marina was just coming alive as the sun came up on the horizon. It seemed as if it was going to be a beautiful day. But then again... Pearl Harbor was always beautiful.

***********

About 20 minutes later, she arrived at the base and she drove her car all the way over to her hangar. As she stopped, she saw Earl coming out of the tower. He looked as if he had just woken up or something.

"Damn, girl. What are you doing here at this hour? You're earlier than the rooster back at the farm. All though he was a lazy bastard." Earl said, lighting a cigarette. "How are you today baby girl?"

"I'm doing better, I think. I talk a little with Danny yesterday, not that it went all that well." Ava told him.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart... what did he do now?" Earl asked, looking at her with sympathy.

"He cornered me and told me that he loved me. He told me he wanted me back and wished that he could undo all the things he had done wrong." Ava said with a sigh.

"And what did you do then?" Earl asked her, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... I let him kiss me. Until I remembered that a kiss wouldn't solve anything. But I miss him, Earl. I miss him, and I love him." Ava told him. "But right now, something major must happen for me to go back to him... and I don't see that happening in the future."

"Don't say that, dollface. You never know how this is going to turn out. You just have to be honest with yourself and see if you want that boy to be a part of your future. And if you decide to let him back into your life; you damn well better make him work for it." Earl said, almost in warning. Ava was actually tempted to tell him that she was pregnant, but something held her back.

"Oh, and by the way... I've checked out your air craft. She's good to go, baby." Earl told her, and Ava broke into the biggest smile.

"Really? My baby is ready?" Ava asked delighted.

"Yep. All clear and ready to go." Earl confirmed. Ava let out a squeal and jumped into Earl's arms. Earl laughed at her antics and hugged her back. He loved seeing the smile on her face and he really thought of her as his daughter. He just hoped his own daughter wouldn't get jealous.