Loss Of a Loved One

Here is the next chapter for you!

Let me know what you think!

I do not own "Pearl Harbor" only my oc.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Time seemed to fly after that. Every waking hour, Ava wasn't at work, she spent with Danny and in that hangar. The guys, soon were used to Ava walking around the base in her overalls, and grease stains. But they always remembered that she was a lady. And that she's Danny's girl.

One morning in the end of August, she walked towards the docs to help some of the sailors, she felt someone wrap their arms around her waist. She yelped and turned around quickly, only to find Danny standing there, smiling at her.

"What are you doing?" Ava said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Kissing my girl." Danny answered and sealed his lips with hers.

"As much as I love this, and as much I want for you to keep going, I have some place I've got to be." Ava tried to say, but Danny kept on kissing her.

"Where are you going?" Danny asked her.

"I'm going to the marina. The SS Arizona needs me to give some shots and things." Ava answered, as they walked together towards the shore. Danny took her bag from her and grabbed her hand. He was such a gentleman.

"What a coincidence. I am meeting someone there as well." Danny said, and Ava didn't quite believe him. "Gooz and Billy is taking me to see a boxing match."

"A boxing match? Why would anyone want to see that?" Ava asked, not liking this at all.

"It's only for fun, okay." Danny said, kissing her knuckles. Ava shook her head but loved the idea of him joining her.

"How is your sister?" Danny asked, knowing that he missed Rafe almost as much as she does.

"It goes up and down. I hear her crying sometimes, at night. I want to make it better, but it's difficult. But the letters help." Ava said with a shrug. "Maybe you should talk to her. It will be good for her to talk with someone who knows him, who understand how it is to miss him."

Danny looked at the girl in front of him. He hadn't want to admit to himself that he had fallen in love with her. He thinks he fell in love from the first moment he laid eyes on those beautiful blue/brown eyes.

"Hey, Walker!" Gooz yelled from the pier where SS Arizona docked. We got to go now, if we want to place our bets.

"Go... Use your money, and win some. Go with your guts. I have a few sailors to attend to." Ava said, giving him a kiss.

"Hey, Gooz, Billy." Ava said as she walked past him.

"Miss. Ava." Gooz replied and tipped his hat.

***********

Gooz, Billy and Danny ran up on deck, where the fight had already started. They watched as a small African-American man fought a much bigger man, but Danny saw something in him.

"All right, Walker, who you got? The fight is almost over." Gooz told him.

"I'll take the cook." Danny said firmly.

"Why? You don't like money?" Gooz asked in wonder.

"I'll put 5 on it." Danny still held firm.