Arriving at The Pearl

Next chapter awaits you!

I do not own "Pearl Harbor" only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Ava sat with her sister all night. Comforting her as she cried, watched over her as she slept. Feeling so bad about her going through this. Ava looked at the clock and realized that Rafe would leave on the train soon, and she knew that Evelyn would regret it if she didn't see him off.

"Evelyn, get up!" Ava pushed her older sister roughly.

"Ava! What are you doing!?" Evelyn exclaimed, not ready to want to leave her bed.

"You need to get your butt out of bed and run down to the train station." Ava told her firmly.

"He didn't want me to, Ava." Evelyn said, throwing her duvet over her head. But Ava took it off her.

"Don't you get it? It was a test, Evelyn. He wants to know how you really feel about him." Ava argued.

"Do you love him?" Ava asked her.

"Of course, I do." Evelyn shot back.

"Then go! Run down to the train station and tell him that!" Ava nearly shouted. Evelyn suddenly jumped out of bed and started getting ready. Ava watched her sister fight for the love she wanted and needed in her life. It made Ava feel good inside.

**********

Rafe and Danny was at the train station preparing to say goodbye. Rafe kept on looking back, as if he was looking for someone.

"I thought you said you told her not to come." Danny stated.

"Yeah, I did." Rafe answered.

"Why are you looking for her then?"

"It's my test. If I tell her not to come, and she comes anyway, then I know that she loves me." Rafe said, making Danny chuckle.

"All aboard! Track 57!" They heard someone call out.

"If anything happens to me, I want you to be the one to tell her. All right?" Rafe said, trying not to lose his cool.

"Just make sure and come back for the both of us, all right?" Danny told him.

"OK." Rafe promised and gave his friend a hug. "See you when I get back."

Rafe started to walk away.

"Oh, and Danny! Evelyn told me a great deal about her sister yesterday. I think that you may be the one to bring her out of her shell. Take care of her, okay?" Rafe told him.

"I promise, Rafe." Danny said, watching his friend walk away. "Good hunting, Rafe."

***********

Ava followed after Evelyn through the train station. And she has never seen her older sister run like this before. Ava found out the hard way, that running in heels, is not for her.

Evelyn ran out on the platform, only to see the train leave the station. She stood there paralyzed, horrified that she never got the chance to see Rafe before he left for war.

"Evelyn, I'm so sorry." Ava said, trying to fight her own tears.

Evelyn didn't say anything, but turned around and wrapped her arms around her.