Sea Ravens Part 1

Okay readers... Just an FYI... And please don't kill me for this, but I am switching up the order of the episodes. Since Katara is on good terms with Zuko, I was thinking in my head that I needed to get the Southern Raiders episode going somehow. Well, I think I have figured it out, and it will be this chapter. Yes, I am aware that they don't go after the killer of Kya until after the eclipse, but honestly from here on out the story kind of has to take its own course. Some of the episodes will be included. Others will not. You'll find out which ones as more chapters are posted. Things had to change a little since Zuko hit the group much earlier, so just give it a chance and I promise I will make it just as exciting as the show.

Third Person POV

"Father!"

The double doors swung open wide, and Princess Azula stepped into the room with a tight jaw. Her father, who was seated alone at the head of the large dining table that overlooked the palace garden, placed his chopsticks down calmly upon his daughter's arrival.

"You told my assassin not to kill her!"

She stepped up to the opposite end of the table with fury and slammed her palms on the finely polished wood.

"She's the enemy father, and the only reason Zuko has joined those brats who are trying to end you! Once she is dead, he will come back to us! I thought that's what you wanted! You wanted your son to return so you could make him remember what side of the war he belongs on and control him!"

Ozai kept his composure, deciding to let his daughter have her tantrum. He would punish the guard later who let Azula barge in unannounced and ruin his lunch.

"Princess Azula..." Ozai remained calm even though he wanted to scold her for her improper actions and disrespect towards him. "You are a very wise daughter, and you have never betrayed me. I want you to be happy and remember how proud I am to have one of my children so set on the path at hand. However, you are mistaken." Her jaw dropped in protest, but he spoke so she wouldn't interrupt. "Killing your brother's precious waterbender will not gain the results you seek."

He stood and calmly stepped around the table towards his daughter who shut her jaw realizing she shouldn't argue.

"Killing the waterbender will only cause your brother rage and have him come for you and I's throats. Your brother is a powerful fighter, and as much as I know you can take him I would prefer it not come to that." He stopped in front of Azula and slowly placed a hand on her shoulder. "I intercepted your assassin because I have other plans for the girl." She went to argue again, but Ozai held a hand up to silence her. "I know you want the girl to suffer, and you will have that chance. But first, we need the girl as bait to lure your brother here. Once we get the waterbender and Zuko comes to her rescue, then your time will come to torture her as you please."

Azula was stunned by her father's words, and then she understood.

"Oh. I see! You're going to scare him into obedience by making him watch the waterbending freak suffer. When he sees the only way her pain will end is by submitting to your will, we will have my brother on our side again." She smiled devilishly. "What a wonderful plan father!"

He turned his lip up, but in a sinister way. "Yes.... Now that we are on the same page, return to your friends so I may finish my meal."

Azula nodded with satisfaction, bowed to her father in respect, and then turned to leave. The door shut behind her, and Ozai's sneer fell. In its place was a scowl.

"Foolish girl..." He shook his head. "That waterbender has become a valuable tool to this war... her death will ruin all my plans..." He spoke to himself, letting his madness loose. "No one will ever think of attacking me while the Avatar's friend and this world's waterbending sweetheart is by my side... She will be my way to victory. The Avatar will never hurt me as long as that girl is in the way of his strike."