Look Before You Rant

The voice was becoming unbearable.

    'You hurt Sam.'

    'You're a monster.'

    'You tried to kill her.'

    'You're a freak.'

    'You'll do it again.'

    'I'll make sure of that...'

    'Shut up,'

    'I'll make you want it.'

    'You'll want to kill her.'

    "Stop!"

    His shout echoed throughout the empty ruins of Pariah's Keep. How he ended up here was unbeknownst to him, as well as how long he had been sitting in the rubble. Sitting with his legs brought up against his, still bare, chest and face pressed into his knees. 

    The boy could hear the voices, louder than ever, screeching in his brain. The words that ate away at him everyday were nothing new to the haunted teen. They were always there, whispering thoughts of rage and doubt, urges to scream and cry for all the pain he felt.

    Yet here he was, eyes dry and face set in a blank expression. If anything, anger was the strongest emotion Danny felt. It boiled and pulsed beneath his skin. Green flames danced across his palms and around his fingers, fueled by despair.

    'Careful there... you and I both know where these feelings get you... you don't want to hurt anyone... yet...' the voice laughed.

    "Shut it." Danny growled, standing up. "I don't need you distracting me from my current situation. Shit, I'm talking to myself again, aren't I? And I'm still doing it." He rolled his eyes. "Fucking insanity..." 

    "Watch your language." A voice sounded behind him.

    He turned to find a comforting face. Jazz. Her eyes drifted over his scars briefly, she never got the chance to see them.

    "Also, what have I told you about being all dramatic and flying off when you're upset? Do you know how hard it was to track you down? Not very! But it's still annoying," she continued.

    "Sorry," The scolded brother scoffed with a smile. Even in his times of despair, she could find a way to make him grin. 

    "Whatever." She crosses her arms, "now can you cut that out? I'd really like to hug you."

    A brief look of confusion flashed across the teens face before he looked down at himself. The green flames, started throughout his internal conflict, still burned bright and green.

    "Oh, sorry." With a clench of his fist, the fire dissipated. As soon as he was clear of flame, Danny was tackled into a hug.

    "What's on your mind?"

    "A lot."

    "Be more specific." Jazz laughed at her brothers response.

    "Do you want me to answer as Danny Fenton or Danny Phantom?"

    The red head furrowed her eyebrows. "They are the same person Danny. They're both you."

    "Are they though?" 

    Jazz remained silent. She knew her brother would answer in his own time.

    "Fenton is this weak kid who goes to high school and fails his classes. Who disappears everyday, only to come back and get detention. A kid who takes beatings for other people when he's hurt enough as it is. He has a goddess of a girlfriend, an angel of a daughter, and the best of best friends, when both deserve someone so much better than him. Parents who unknowingly try to kill him everyday, and a sister who is off living her life in college. A sister he's so proud of." He stopped and inhaled sharply.