Dora's Kingdom

*^ Thank you all so much for the support it makes me so happy when you comment on my stories. I'll do my best to continue making y'all happy^*

   "Let's go." 

    Everyone jumped at the sudden voice. Danny stood beside Flaym with his arms crossed. His head was turned slightly and his black and, now slightly less, white hair hung before his eyes. His expression was unreadable. Sam and Tucker stood up, casually. Kwan pushed himself up and cautiously approached Danny.

    "Hey man, I'm really sorry. I didn't know-"

    "For what? You didn't do anything wrong." Danny's expression remained blank and he spoke as if nothing was wrong.

    "Are we seriously going to pretend that nothing happened? Is that how this works?" Valarie seemed angry.

    "I'm not sure what you mean." Sam acted oblivious.

    "It's best to leave the past in the past." Those were the last words Danny spoke before turning to the trail. Sam stayed by his side while he walked, Tucker gave the class a look that said 'leave it'. So they followed helplessly.

*^A lot of walking later^*

    The walk was silent and eerie. No one dared speak. Danny's figure remained taught. He seemed uncomfortable, running his fingers through his ever whiter hair and squeezing his eyes closed repeatedly. Occasionally, he would glance around like he was looking for something, or someone. Most were getting quite worried.

    "We've arrived." Tucker announced.

    Before them, atop a floating island, was a beautiful kingdom. A medieval castle towered above a small village. Ghosts lingered throughout the streets, buying from carts, carrying baskets, dragging (ghost) children away to their homes. It looked like a scene from the history books.

    "How do we get across?" Mikey asked.

    "We wait." Sam smiled.

    "For wha- what is that?!" Paulina screamed.

    "A dragon." 

    "A dragon?!?!!?" 

    "Yes."

    A blue and green dragon flew across the void between the island and the class. The class was in a frenzy; running around in circles like headless chickens.

    The dragon landed before them; they froze. 

    "Guys this is Dora," Sam introduced, "she'll be carrying us to her kingdom."

    Said dragon inclined her head into a bow.

    "Her kingdom?" Star inquired.

    "Yes, she is the queen."

    "But ghost don't have systems of government!" Maddie argued.

    "Yea they do Maddie. If you haven't noticed, everything you know about ghosts is false. Now, if you'd keep your dumbass opinion to yourself, I'd be HIGHLY grateful!" Sam snapped. The dragon, Dora, grumbled in agreement. "Everyone on."

    No one moved. 

    "Come on guys. She won't bite... unless you don't get on." Tucker's words were convincing enough. The terrified humans- most of them anyway-  scrambled to get on the dragon's scaly back. Danny climbed on last, remaining silent. 

   Dora leapt into the air, careful to not throw any teenagers off. Her huge wings propelled them across to the kingdom. They reached solid ground quickly enough; when they arrived, students got off as quickly as possible.

    "Did I forget to mention I'm afraid of heights?"

    "We just rode a DRAGON!"

    "That was amazing!!!!!"

    "I'm never doing that again."

    "Oh sweet, sweet, ground!"

    "A ghost dragon! I wonder how different the molecular structure is to a normal ghost."

    "This was not in the permission slip."

    "SILENCE!"

    The shouting stopped. Instead of the terrifying dragon, a ghost woman stood in its place. She had green skin, blonde hair, and wore a blue gown. Atop her head rested a tiara.

   "Welcome, friends of the king. My name is Princess Dora, this is my kingdom." She gestured to the houses and castle. "You are only here because His Majesty has asked of it. Even so, you are not to disrespect anyone or anything on this island, understood?"

    The class nodded quickly. Dora's stern look faded to a smile.

    "Good, now follow me." She lead the class down the dirt path toward the castle. As they passed, ghosts would stop and bow.

    "Were we supposed to bow? Is it disrespectful not to bow to her?" Mikey whisper yelled. Dora overheard them and laughed.

    "Oh they're not bowing to me, they're bowing to their king." All heads snapped to Danny.

    "So Danny really is a king?" Paulina asked.

    "Yes he is. King of the Ghost Zone to be precise."

     Dora was terrible at keeping secrets.

    "How is a human, king of the Ghost Zone?" Maddie questioned skeptically.

    "Not your concern." Sam interrupted.

    "It absolutely is my concern! Danny is my son! Ever since we arrived in this hell hole, you have told us nothing! You've been acting all high and mighty like we're lesser beings when you're only teenagers! I am the chaperone, I am the adult! That makes it my concern!" Maddie exploded.

    "Enough." Danny's voice bellowed. The entire village went silent; no one moved. Maddie set her jaw.

    "Now you listen here young man," Maddie marched toward him. Before she was within a few feet from him, he raised his hand. In the blink of an eye, every surrounding ghost had formed a barrier between Maddie and their king. Maddie fell back into the dust.
    Danny walked forward, the ghosts parted for him. He knelt beside his 'mother' and looked her dead in the eye.

    "You are in my empire. Here, I am above all. I protect anything and everything that dwells here. At the moment that means you, but do not think for a second that I will fail to see when my people are being threatened and do not think I will not do something about it.

    At this point, Maddie was shaking in fear. "You... you are not my son." She whimpered.

    "No I am not. Whereas, you are not my mother." Danny stood and turned to the ghosts who had protected him. "I apologize for all the commotion and thank you for your aid, you all may return to your activities." His voice returned to normal as he dipped his head. The ghosts bowed and flew off.

    Dora raised an eyebrow in Danny's direction, he gave a short nod in response. "Alright then," She clapped her hands, "come along."

    The class snapped out of their state of shock and followed the princess. Jack helped Maddie up from where she still sat cowering. Ghosts continued to bow when Danny walked by, as they made their way to the castle.

*^1091 words. A MUCH shorter chapter, but hopefully the tension makes up for the length. Waddle on penguin<3^*