🌺~ How to train your giant.

I woke up with a groan from my nap when I heard shouting and what seemed like a fight outside. Hurriedly, I put my boots on, grabbed my axe and ran out of my house.

You can imagine how surprised I was that there were traces of hits on some houses, deep and large footsteps in the soil, and manly, buff villagers running around and shouting for the dramatic effect. I'm just kidding, this wasn't half a surprise, it was, what? The third time this month?

You see, some villages have problems of rodents like rats or bugs or whatever, but my village has some larger problems. More precisely: eight to thirty four feet tall problems, unfairly strong, fast runners, who stole the village's hardly gained food on a routine.

Yeah, we have some... Giant problems.

I was snatched out of my thoughts when a group of teens my age pushed me roughly to go help the adults, not missing the occasion to call my by the very affectionate nicknames of 'shrimp' or 'slug' or even 'living breathing anthropomorphic homosapien-like toothpick' and I most likely missed words here.

I quickly got up and brushed myself off, then I brandished my axe -with all the little strength I had- and ran to catch up with the others. I saw a really large giant in the distance and ran to it, eager to finally kill my first one and become popular and beloved- annnndd not today; a chair-sized hand wrapped tightly around my waste and lifted me a couple meters in the air and I felt a hot, humid breath blasting on my back, accompanied by a loud screech. From the hand, it seemed like a ten feet tall one. Not the biggest, but this could at least get me noticed. I gripped the handle of my axe tighter and raised it to the air, then I swung it to the han- annnd not today either: My axe just fell off from its heaviness, and not a scratch on the gigantic hand.

"Ohhh crap-" I started kicking and thrashing around to get away, but the attempts just made the beast's hand get closer to its face, or should I say: mouth. I hit the hand in every possible way I could think of, but not a single of its powerful fingers budged.

I could feel a wave of heat emanating from it's mouth as it opened, revealing an array of sharp fangs, and a cave of red muscles and saliva. My fear hit its climax the second one fang brushed against the top of my head, making some saliva drip on my hair and on neck.

"Zoey!" The familiar voice of my brother screamed. Out of nowhere, a ball of fire flew past me and onto the creature's mouth. I was dropped on the ground and I gasped to catch my breath -lost from from the pressure on my stomach and the terror of the moment-. I rubbed my side with a pained groan, but in no time my brother's face appeared above me.

"Go home." He ordered.
"Y-you sure bro 'cause you know- you could maybe use a hand in the battlefiel-"
"Home! Now!" He didn't even give me the occasion to speak, and he just ran somewhere else, leaving me on the ground.

There was no way I was going to stay the shrimp of the village. I will be the hero who catches her first giant at thirteen and all by herself, and it happens now.

Grabbing my axe, I ran around the village, being careful this time not to be spotted by anyone of my size or bigger. I needed to find my prey and choose carefully.

I heard fearful screams and incoherent shouting. Everyone suddenly ran away from a place in the village, shouting "Retreat! Retreat!" "It's a Nightmare!"

I knew I should have run away like everyone else, but a Nightmare? Those were the fastest, the strongest, the most devastating giant existence has ever known. Standing at eighteen feet tall, one could eradicate any village all on its own if it was messed with. I couldn't just go anger it. But I would get this chance only once in my life, I couldn't miss it! But what if it obliterated my village too?