🌻~ Can be clumsy

Adam smiled as he got in his kitchen and put a newly bought box of cereals on the counter. He got a small bowl and poured some for himself, careful to let the box wide open and laid down. He hated this brand, how could anyone like this weird-tasting excuse of cereals?

Well, he did know someone who adored those.

You see, a couple of months ago, there had been this awful snowstorm, around midnight, and everyone hid in their homes, except for those who didn't have any. That night, Adam had unwantedly hosted one of those unfortunates. Around one in the morning, he was abruptly awoken by the sound of glass breaking. Equipping himself with a bat he hid his under his bed, he hurriedly and quietly headed to the living room -where the sound came from- and was surprised to find a tiny little boy on the coffee table, freaking out and cussing like mad. The boy seemed way too young to be alone in here, yet way too clumsy to have someone watching over him, plus, if the kid was so loud and careless, he couldn't have been living in here for much long. Add the weather outside to the equation, and even Adam's sleepy mind could understand this kid was looking for a shelter from the awful weather. He really felt bad for the poor fella, being outside in this time and having nowhere to go. Adam was tempted to help the kid out, but he was probably scared enough, so meeting a giant now would really do no good. After debating with himself, he decided to let deal with this later, as his sleep was really more important for now. He eagrly went back to his bed, the boy was probably experienced with borrowing already, he could take care of himself for the night, and there was no way for him to steal something of worth and leave, the weather got him stuck here for now.

The next morning, he faked shock at the sight of the broken vase and pretended suspecting the wind to have caused it to fall. Afterwards, he didn't try to introduce himself to the newcomer, not knowing how to do so, so he simply gave up on helping like that and instead dropped useful things -like food or fluffy tissus and pins- here and there, and whenever he spotted him, which was surprisingly rare, he either left the room or acted like he didn't see him, and then watched over him from afar.

So, this was how he ended up leaving the open box of cereal on the counter, making it easy for the boy to 'borrow' some. He left the kitchen and after a moment, he heard a faint sound.

Nole always felt like the luckiest tiny earth had known. He ended up in the house of some messy old guy who always left stiff staff on the floor and food on the counters, which made it all too easy for him to borrow. Even when the giant entered the room, he didn't spot him. A blind and carefree giant was more than he could have ever dreamed of. Now was one of those moments he left something sweet in the kitchen, his favorite brand of cereals! Nole was so tempted to make a run for it, but he needed to be quite and careful, as always.

Just as Nole finished stuffing his bag and turned around to leave, fate decided to trick him by making him take a wrong step, making him fall face first into... Nothing.

He fell off the edge of the counter.

Adam, who sat on the couch, heard a mute sound of something falling, it sounded more like... A person, a tiny one at that. The sound was so loud and sickening -on tiny standards of course- it was clearly off a high place, how did he recognize that sound so clearly? He may never know, maybe it was the fact that he knew the little boy must have been there at the moment. He immediately stood up and almost made a first step to run, but he abruptly stopped himself and took a breath to calm down; if the boy was safe then he would just be scaring him for no reason. He reluctantly snuck in the kitchen as quietly as possible and peaked below the counter where he had left the box and, sure enough, the kid was there, groaning and panting as he painfully attempted to move his body, only resulting in him falling back on the floor, groaning and shaking even more.