Chapter 16

The agency had multiple armed men lined up at all the entrances.

Security cameras working in every corner.

The dark air was filled with tension.

Minseok and Jingdae sat in the control room preparing for the worst.

Sehun and Chanyeol had just finished making the bombs that would lead them in.

The agency didn't have national policemen since it was an illegal company located in the most deserted area in Korea.

Luhan tried to figure out how to load a gun while Kyungsoo tried to hack into the security cameras.

Baekhyun was deciphering the routes to the control centre and Kai was watching him.

Having little trust in one of his past affairs, he watched him like a hawk.

Baekhyun's POV

"Why do you keep watching me?" I asked, sick of being watched like a prisoner.

Kai just sneered.

"Just because you didn't love me doesn't mean you can treat me unlike any human you've met. Kai, I've had enough of your cocky bullshit that makes you think you're better than the rest of the world. If it wasn't for you, Luhan and Kyungsoo wouldn't be hunted. It's people like you that make the world dark and unliveable. People like you that make Kyungsoo cut! People like you that dig your own fucking grave."

He was silent.

Instead of being angry at my outburst, he simply moved closer towards me and sat down.

"I'm sorry, I can't return your feelings." He murmured quietly.

"I've never had real feelings towards you anyways. They were just a need to the love I thought you could give. But I don't want that love."

He still kept his head down.

"I want to write my own love story. But first I need to save my love before I can."

He looked at me confused.

"Trust me. I'm not going to let Chanyeol go."

"You're doing something like risking your life for a guy you just met?"

"No, I'm risking my life for my childhood friend that I abandoned thinking he was dead."

"What?"

"We don't have time to chit-chat." I snapped my fingers and sassed him.

"Kai and Sehun are going to split and each one is going to take an entrance.

Chanyeol is going to burst in from the window closest to the control room and maneuver his way to the computers with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo is going to hack into the files and erase the whole company data.

While I will be teamed up with Sehun and Baekhyun will be with Kai." Luhan finished telling our plan.

Who knew he was a mastermind?

Sehun's POV

The whole way there, Luhan was trembling.

He was fidgeting with my fingers and reviewing the plan.

I hugged him close to my chest and breathed in the scent of my shampoo from his soft blond hair.

When the car stopped, all of our hearts stopped.

This was it.

Make it or break it.