Chapter 10

Me: I'M BAAAACK!!!! Thank you to those who voted on the last chapter and I'm sorry for the long absence. But no matter how long I take off I will come back to the story and if for some reason I can no longer write I will warn you and probably put this up for adoption, but no matter what THE STORY WILL GO ON!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person

"Repeat after me," Jesse said, looking into Zayn's mismatched eyes. "My name is Zayn." It had been about two weeks since the pack had decided to teach Zayn how to speak again. Except for a slight stutter he was doing pretty well.

"M-My name is Z-Zayn."

"Good job!." Jesse rubbed behind Zayn's ear, electing a purr from the small teen. His voice was still slightly rough from years of disuse, but Tori said that should eventually fade.

"J-Jesse." Jesse looked down at the boy that had somehow ended up on his lap.

"Yeah?" He hummed in response. Zayn looked away in embarrassment when his stomach growled. "You ready for lunch?" Jesse smirked. Zayn nodded shyly. Jesse carefully stood with him in his arms. Due to old injuries in his legs that didn't heal properly, Zayn had some trouble walking. Tori decided that he should wait until the wounds healed correctly before he started walking. Already his healing rate was almost the same as the rest of the pack's.

They walked to the kitchen where Bryce was making sandwiches. Jesse set Zayn down and the table so he could grab them some food. "Oh no you don't!" Bryce yelled as Jesse reached for the food she was making. "Those are not for you!"

"Says who!" Jesse once again reached for the sandwiches only to miss as Bryce pulled the plate away.

"B-Bryce?" The girl looks at Zayn as he points to the plate and gives her puppy eyes. "P-Please?"

"Awww," Bryce coos, "of course you can." She hands him a sandwich.

"Why does he get one, but I can't?" Jesse whines.

"Because Zayn's adorable and you're a gross man child."

Before Jesse can respond Daniel's voice comes through the pack link. 'We have rouges on the eastern border.'

Jesse's eyes harden. With the Alpha and Luna gone, they were dealing with the ambassadors, it was their job to protect the pack. 'Bryce and I are on our way. Zero, stay with Zayn in the kitchen.'

'Got it, already heading down.' The albino replied. As soon as he stepped foot in the kitchen Jesse and Bryce were off to help their mates.

Zayn POV

Jesse and Bryce left me with Zero in the kitchen. I put down my sandwich, no longer hungry, and turned to Zero; who was watching doorway as if expecting someone to come through it. "Zero?"

He turned to me, "What's up Zayn?"

"W-What are rouges?"

He was quiet for a moment, "Well, rouges are werewolves without packs."

"Am I a rouge?"

"Of course not," he laughed. "You have us as your pack."

"Are rouges bad?"

"Eventually they go mad without a pack and will attack people," Zero sighed. I was about to ask another question when he suddenly froze and stepped in front of me, blocking my view of the door. Though I couldn't see the people standing there, the terrifyingly familer scents were enough.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here." His voice. His voice!! "Two little omegas all on their own."

Zero growled at the two intruders. 'Guys we need help. Two guys are in the house and I can't get a lock on what they are.'

Unaware that Zero had called for help, the two men walked further into the room. "Looks like the little omega needs to learn to respect his betters." He walked into my view and leers at me.

"Look at the little mutt." The other sneers. "He's already forgoten who his master is." He tries to reach around Zero and grab me but draws back as Zero swipes at his with his claws out.

"Enough playing around." The uninjured man pull out a gun and quikliy shot at Zero. He tried to dodge, but the dart lodged itself in his arm. I ran forward to help him but was also hit.

'Jessie. Danny....'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it took so long with this chapter. I was having major writers block.