Chapter 6

'Pack link'

'Wolves to human'

Human to wolves

Jesse POV

He slept in a dog bed. HE WAS CHAINED AND FORCED TO SLEPT IN A DOG BED!!! BY HIS OWN FUCKING UNCLE!!! Rain was furious by how our mate was treated and wanted to go back into his room and hold him.

Stop that. He doesn't know who we are and with what he's been through it would only freak him out.

'He may not know what they mean, but he feels the mating sparks and the bond. That's why he lets us touch him.'

I thought back to how Zayn had reacted to Drake. Maybe, but we still need to take it slowly.

Before he could respond Alpha called everyone through the pack link, 'Pack meeting in the living room.' I was already there, so all I had to do was wait for the others to come in.

I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't notice Daniel sneak up behind me until he wrapped his arms around me. "How is he?"

I sighed, "Good for now, but....Shit Dan, he was chained and forced to sleep in a dog bed, by his UNCLE! " He had nothing to say to that, so we just sat in silence until the others came in. The first ones in were Jack and Zero; followed by Clark and Drake, who were both mateless. Bryce and her mate Lex were next, then Andrew (the Beta) and his mate Seth. The last to arrive were Alpha Chase and Luna Tori.

"What did you find?" Alpha asked Drake and Andrew.

"Not much," Drake started, "Jesse and Daniel got more out of him then we found. His name is Zayn Martinez and he was born on January 4, 2001; so he's 17. He also says that the man who did this to him was his father's brother Mark, but they don't have the same last name since the dad took his mother's name when they married so we couldn't do a search on him."

"Where are his parents?" Tori asked.

"His dad's dead and his mom and twin sister are missing." Daniel replied. We hadn't told Drake this when we talked to him earlier.

"His moms not missing." Andrew cut in before explaining. "Since we didn't have his uncle's full name we looked for Zayn instead. We found out that after him and his sister were born the family moved into a isolated house in Wisconsin. No one ever saw the kids but the dad ran a online business and would go into the nearest town for groceries. On November 16, 2007 someone spotted smoke coming from the woods and called for help. Once authorities arrived they found the house in flames. Inside they found a human skeleton, which was DNA identified to Alexia Martinez, Zayn's mother. The children were never found."

"Then what happened to Zayn's father?" I asked. Zayn knew he was dead, but Andrew never mentioned him.

"Initially the police thought he killed Alexia and kidnapped the children, until they discovered his grave in the backyard. The date of death was January 4, 2007. Just over 10 months before the fire."

"Who else wants to bet that Uncle Mark got to them both?" Bryce growled.

"It would make sense," Dad sighed, "hybrids are incredibly rare and powerful, but twins would be even more so. Most are stillborn or sickly and die soon after." He turned back to Drake. "Did you find anything to help us find Mark or Zayn's sister?"

"No. The guy's a ghost." Drake said. "He runs his own research facilities, but none of his employees ever see him." He paused. "But we did find a few weird things. In every town there is a facility kids have gone missing, boys to be exact. Nothing different about them, but all from the ages of 7 to 16. The bodies are eventually found, but all of them were just past the age of 17 when they died, Zayn is only a little older than them."