Chapter 3

Jesse

Jesse

Daniel

Daniel

'Pack link'

(Ten years later)

Zayn POV

I've lost track of how long I've been here. It's been a while, but that's all I can tell. Mark has brought in new 'pets' and I have stayed in my wolf form for so long I can no longer remember how to change back, even if I could I would get punished for it. I still get punished if I misbehave, though not like I use to. Mark had taken up the hobby of dogfights and when in trouble I act as the 'warm up' for the dogs. A free fight as it is, but I'm not allowed to fight back or I'll get shocked. Due to this I am covered in scars.

That's where we are heading right now, I was in the room when master brought in a new 'pet' and he spotted me. Mark was pissed, more than I had ever seen. When we got to the ring it was already full of people watching fights and placing bets. Mark dragged me down a tunnel to the dog cages and muzzled me before pushing me into the ring. I watched the gate on the other side open and two rottweilers charges in. If I had been at full health and able to fight I could have probably handled them, but I was malnourished and muzzled, not to mention I still looked like a pup, so the best I could do was dodge and hope Mark stopped this before I got too injured.

The dogs charged, but I sidestepped and they ran into the wall. I may be stuck in the form, but I'm still smarter than them. But sometimes numbers matter, like when they came at me from opposite sides. I dodged the first one only to howl in pain as the other dug its teeth into my side before flinging me against the wall. I lay stunned on the ground which gave the dogs the chance to latch onto my throat. I was waiting for Mark to give the signal to stop, but it never came. I could make him out on the other side of the ring and with one glance at his face I knew. I had outlived my usefulness and now I was going to die. I struggled as my vision grew black, I can't die. I need to find Silver and Mom. Just before I slipped into unconsciousness I heard shouting and saw Mark disappear. The jaws were removed from my neck and hands pressed down on my wound, both new and old that had reopened, but they were too late....

Jesse POV

I was training the packs warriors when my Dad called me into his office. I knocked once on the door and entered. "What's wrong?" I asked. He seemed unusually stressed.