Chapter 9

I was going to go upstairs but someone grab my arm. I turn around to see Xan glaring at me.

"Don't go upstairs," he said.

"Let go off me!" I said struggling to go upstairs.

We heard another scream from Nelda and now I'm struggling fast and hard. What if something happened to Nelda? Is she okay? Is Zeven with her? I grab the handle of the stairs and try to pull away from Xan's grip on me. It didn't work so I try to push Xan away from me but he is strong and buff. I groan and stomp on Xan foot. He groans and let go of my arm. I smile and run upstairs.

"Wednesday!" Xan scream. I ignore his screaming and continue running up the stairs.

I stop when I saw 4 doors. Another scream broke.

"Nelda!" I scream.

I heard shuffling coming from door number 2 so I slam the door with my shoulder and the door slam open. I pant looking around the room. It was dark and the moon was shining on two figures. Are they ghost? I was a little skeptical about ghost. I watch those TV shows where they find ghost or they tell their ghost stories like School Spirits or Celebrities Ghost Stories.

I've watch Ghost Adventure before and I must say it’s not really scary but the first episode scared the day lights out of me. I couldn't go to sleep in 2 days. I walk closer to the figures and saw one that had long black hair and her /his shoulders were sloughing forward.

Then another figure was standing straight and his hands were in his pocket. Their back was towards me so I was a little frighten but then I saw a light switch. I quickly turn it on and the whole room light up which calm my breathing a little bit. The two figures turn around and I sigh in relief.

"You scared me," I said walking towards them.  

Nelda was shaking violently and Zeven was looking down.

"What's wrong?" I said. They look like they've seen a ghost or something. They didn't say anything. I sigh impatiently and Zeven look at me quickly and open his mouth but close it.

"Zeven tell me. I heard Nelda screaming and I swear if you did something-" I said but got cut off by Nelda.

"H-h-he didn't d-do anything! W-we-" Then she shut her mouth.

Why can't they tell me? Did they tell each other secrets and don't want to tell me? I look behind them and saw a hand. I glance at them and then back at the hand. I slowly walk past them to the hand to see who hand is that. Maybe it can be a fake hand to scare me but...Nelda looks freak out. My heels click on the old floor, echoing the room.

When I finally got close to the hand, a blanket was covering something else. I got my knees and grab the blanket. What's under here? What is this hand doing here? I look at Nelda and Zeven and they look like they were in pain. I took some deep breaths, close my eyes, and ripe away the blanket. I slowly open my eyes and saw a pale face. I gasp and then scream.