Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight. ~

  I heard muttering outside, “Yeah. This kid is powerless” I heard one say while the other laughed.

I heard their steps fade away knowing that no one was now guarding my door.   I stood up then went to the door. I got the key that was dangling like an earring and shoved it through the key hole. Holding my breath out of nerves I turned it and with a ‘click’ the door opened.

I looked either way down the hall to see it was empty, just like he had said it would be. I closed the door behind me and started scurrying down the hall. 

The ice cold temperature was starting to affect me. I ran passed a glass room and froze. I looked to see …Angelos.

His head was dangled down, a big red ex across his chest dripping blood, his black wings molting.

 No guards.

I went to the door to see you needed a pass code.  I felt the cold ripple up my spine and my knees buck. So close yet so far my dear creation.

“Watching you be so weak is painful.” I leaped up when I saw my father…my real father. He was in clothes this time and looking very sophisticated. I was still in the hall in front of the glass room.

My creator looked into the room then down to me and held out his hand. His nails were no longer dragon types but normal manicured ones. I gently slid mine into his and he pulled me into his arms.

The warmth immediately hit me and I shivered at the amazing feeling. “Just like when you were a baby, snuggling into me stealing my warmth” he whispered.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and I heard his low chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me sliding his fingers through the back of my hair.

 “You have yet to realise your true potential and the real power you possess. Your creation will help you come to terms with it and understand it’s true strength, so I shall help you escape from here”

I looked up to him,  “I thought you were supposed to be evil”

“If only you knew my son. Though I love you more than the Earth so there’s an excuse” he shrugged.

 I smirked and nodded pulling back. He looked to the door code and scoffed. He looked to the glass then set his hand on it. All the glass shattered.

Angelos looked up, he looked to me shocked then he looked beside me to my father and looked twice as shocked.

“A kiss heals everything” my father whispered to me.

The coldness rushed back and the magical type aura disappeared leaving shattered glass everywhere and still a shocked looking Angelos. I rushed through then looked to the binds and ripped them off. Once he was free I caught him and held him tightly.

“They told me you were dead” I sobbed.

“…Reuben.” He muttered.

I looked to him, “Yeah, we’ll go find him” I said.

“No, master he’s dead”

My heart stopped. “W-What?” I asked.

He pulled me into his arms. “He couldn’t handle the pain, they…they killed him”

I trembled.

“Please, master. Allow me to give you strength” he whispered into my ear. Reubens face reflected as I closed my eyes, I pushed Angelos away shaking my head.          “No, this time I’m giving you strength” I replied thrusting forward wrapping my arms around his shoulders then locking our lips. He moaned, I closed my eyes and thought about my remaining strength and transporting it through our mouth.  A warm feeling rose from the pit of my stomach up my throat and then out my mouth into his.  As it left my body my knees bucked.

Strong muscular arms carried me through the halls. I looked around to see we were still in this wretched building. “A-Angelos”

I felt him tense, he stopped then pressed me to a wall. “Why did you give me all your remaining strength” He growled. I gently brought my hand up to the side of his face grazing my thumb over his cheekbone.

“Because you are my favoured creation” I replied softly.

 He stared at me looking straight into my soul then he pressed our foreheads together. “I can’t lose you” he whispered. I smiled snuggling myself into his arms, “Who said you were going to lose me?”

  “I feel your pain for Reuben. You blame yourself and will soon become depressed and hide it from me, it will slowly decay your interior self and I’ll lose you”. I looked to him shocked then I felt the warm tears.

“I-”

“I will not let you, I will force feed you, I will make you kiss me every day continuing to give you my strength. I love you, I shouldn’t but I do.” He yelled the last part which shocked me. I looked him in the eyes and I saw the tears forming at the ducts.

I wrapped my arms around him stealing his warmth. “Let’s get out of this place Angelos.” I whispered then gently kissed his forehead.

He smiled weakly before lifting me onto his back and beginning running.

- - - -

     Vote please.

Comment, if you would.

   Fan, if you want.