Chapter Nine

Wow. It's been a while.   Kay, enjoy this short chapter.  Prepare yourselves and look forward to

 Chapter Ten.

-

 Chapter Nine

-

“I love you, I know I shouldn’t, but I do” I looked up at the sky, his words ringing through my mind. When I first met him he had no sense of emotion whatsoever. He didn’t even realise that kissing was for more than to heal. I had created him before I was able to speak or walk.    These past couple of months had been out of this world, literally. Angels, Fallen Angels and sons of Satan?

Stretching my arm out I put my hand over the moon so it looked like I was grasping it. The light breeze ruffled my hair over my eyes as I did. Producing my own heat so I wouldn’t die enabled me to stay outside longer than before.

Reuben. Sitting up I hugged my knees placing my head on them remembering his innocent smile, his soft touch. After those warming memories came the faces of all the people I cheated on him with. Cursing to myself I slammed my fist into the grass.

Being such a disgusting creature sort of figures considering who my father is. Allowing my mind to drift elsewhere enabled the cold breeze to caress my skin making me shiver.

“You ought to take better care for yourself” a blanket wrapped around me and I looked up to my creation; who stood in front of the setting sun, his dark hair ruffled with the breeze yet his gaze remained locked onto me-watching my every movement.

I pulled the blanket tighter around me snuggling into it. “I was fine, the heat technique I’ve been working on was successful.” I informed him but he didn’t seem pleased.

“Until you started daydreaming” he replied.

 My head drooped as I began to tug on little shards of grass. A way to get out from looking at his unique eyes.

He placed his warm hand on my cheek, stroking my cheekbone gently with his thumb before slowly slipping his hand down, down under my chin then lifting so we locked eyes. With a sigh I gave in and looked at him.

“It’s my fault. If only I was stronger” I whispered, knowing I’d be the one to initiate the conversation so he wouldn’t.

Sitting down on the grass beside me he tugged my hand pulling me onto his lap. Our faces inches apart, he snuggled me in my blanket but his eyes remained serious.

“Reuben’s death was not your fault”

“Their faces run through my mind night and day, I want to rip them to shreds” I replied bluntly.

His eyes scanned my own, for a moment he looked almost scared at what I had said. It was the truth, even though I didn’t deserve Reuben those Angels had no right to kill my innocent lover. I was their target and they have successfully broken me.

“Raum”

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked to Angelos. He wasn’t looking at me anymore. “What is it?”

“You are the son of Satan and there is no denying that fact, yet you are innocent in all of this. You have no blood on your hands.” He explained.

“But Reuben-” I began. He looked at me then. “Those Angels planned to tear from you what you care for most. Their mission is to make you as bloodthirsty as possible, to prove to their superiors that you are deemed to end the world so they can kill you”

I understood.

“Do you have something to do with my powers not developing?” I questioned making his body go stiff. He looked to me and I looked back.

“Yes…I have sealed them away. Your father is curious as to why they haven’t sprouted”

I stood up and stepped away from him. “I could have saved him” I muttered, I could feel my anger rising.

“If you were at your full potential you would only be out for blood. Master, it was the world of Reuben. I apologise but I couldn’t risk it”

“I wouldn’t end the world” I shouted loudly glaring at him. He sighed, “The High lord would know and he would make you use them. He can manipulate forms and take over bodies. He could easily take over yours to end the world”

“How strong are the powers?” I asked. He seemed confused by the question but soon understood. He placed his hand on his chest before looking at me.

“Very strong”

“They will continue to grow as I do, I presume. Keeping them wrapped up within you will only cause pain for you.”

“I will not give them to you with your intentions set out to kill” he replied.

I fell to my knees, my fingers lacing through the grass as tears fell onto them. I could feel my body burning, it hurt. Closing my eyes visions of my father flashed. His warm embrace, his luring smile. This was all messed up.

“Just kill me” I whispered.

“What?” Angelos asked.

I sat back on my feet, tears streaming down my face. “Fucking kill me if all I’m destined to do is make people suffer”

“I would never do such a thing” he replied.

Laughing to myself I looked at him before going still. “If you won’t obey me, what use are you?”

His eyes widened, I could feel him hurting. I pushed it away.

“Master…”

“You can’t love. You’re not human, you have no emotions. The love you think you feel were my emotions reflecting off you. All of them are gone, I feel cold even though I’m burning. Go back to being one of my many creations, because my feelings for you and them are mutual, being servants” I hissed.

He fell to his knees; I heard a snapping sound before I felt ultimate pain. Crying out for the one person who rang through my mind, my father.  Within minutes of nothing happening my vision began to blur and my head hit the floor. As I was slipping into unconsciousness the devil rose from the ground to claim what was his.

-

Hope you enjoyed it. ;p   Rate please.