When Wolves Descend (Chapter 1)

When Wolves Descend

Written By: Cara Davis

Chapter 1

"Hey Sandy!" At the sound of my name being called I turned around and saw Max standing with a group of people not nearly as popular as him. Without those gorgeous looks and football skills I doubt he would be as popular as he is today. Hazel eyes and deep chocolate brown hair and lightly tanned skin, his looks could kill. which most girls think happens when he frequently breaks their hearts.

But me? I could care less about it all. He's a really nice guy but I see past all that, and that's why I've set out on becoming popular. To show everyone you don't have to be a cheerleader or football player to be popular you just have to be yourself.

Well THAT... and the fact that I need a social life to get into college. Damn those extra circular activities...

"Hey beautiful, glad you finally joined us" Max said while looking at me up and down as I walked over to him.

"Ha ha Max, very funny" Taylor giggled while lightly punching Max in the arm.

Taylor is head cheerleader and Mrs. Popular. But I like to call her Mrs. Bitch.  (don't laugh!)

She is another reason I want to be popular. She has hated me since the 6th grade when Max asked me to the dance, and not her, even though I said no.

Max just winked at me, and then it was my turn to laugh. Taylor just glared, turned on her heels and waddled away.

"I'm glad you came Sandy, I didn't think you would." Max said proudly.

"Yea, me either..." I said lamely, averting my eyes.

I really hadn't planned on coming but in the end my, not so little, brother was coming so my mom asked me to come too. So I'm really here as a babysitter. But I wasn't about to tell.

"I thought it might be fun after all." I lied.

"Yea? I'm really glad you came I've been wantin' to hang out with you." Max said happily.

He wants to hang out with me? Wow. Well I am on a quest for popularity might as well use him to get to the top. Just kidding... Sort of.

"Wow, you really want to hang out?" I smiled shyly at him.

"Of course, I've always liked you Sandy." He smiled so big I thought his lips would break.

I always thought it was just a crush... Hmmm...

"Yea right Max, since when?" I questioned.

"Since the 5th grade silly" He just kept on the goofy smile.

I think this is the longest conversation we have ever had. While we were talking we strolled to the end of the party crowd towards where it was slightly quieter. I could see Taylor eyeballing me.

Ha ha. 

"I thought Taylor was your girlfriend though?" I asked while looking back at her.

He simply said "No way, she's bossy."

I laughed out loud at that, and he chuckled, and said "I'm serious she acts like I'm one of her cheerleader bimbos or something."

That just made me laugh more.

"Stop laughing at me." He said and nudged me with his shoulder. I pushed him back and then we were both laughing.

Wow he is pretty cool.