When Wolves Descend (Chapter 8)

• Dedicated to Giancarlo Cornejo

When Wolves Descend  

Written By: Cara Davis  

Chapter 8

"Sandy?" I heard a voice I assumed was Asku's.  

I opened my eyes and of course, saw the misty forest and the three wolves.  

"What are you doing here?" I exclaimed confused.  

"What do you mean?" He asked also confused.  

"I know the message you don't have to haunt me anymore! Okay?" I shouted at Asku.  

Asku titled his head to the side in confusion.  

"You're here because you want me to be more involved in the community." I said simply.  

He huffed, and the other wolves gave a chuckle.  

"What?" I said lost.  

"You should read more intently next time." Asku said with a little wolf smile.  

Then, out of nowhere, there was a loud sound ringing through the air.  

I clamped my hands over my ears and screamed "What is that?"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Slowly I started to gain conciseness. I realized where I was, and what the sound was that was piercing the air. My alarm clock. Eyes still closed I flung my arm out towards the sound and hit the alarm clock until it turned off.  

I opened my eyes and rolled over to face the clock. It read 7:00am. School starts at 9:00am. I like to give myself at least an hour and thirty minutes to get ready.  

I rolled out of bed and walked over to my closet. What to wear? I skimmed through the shirts a few times before I pulled one out. It was a black V-neck tank top with a cute silver beaded pattern on the hem, and I decided to pair it with my dark blue jeans, and silver flats. I grabbed my towel off the back of my door and headed for the shower.  

When I got out I threw on my clothes, and blow dried my hair. It takes too long to straighten because of its length so I just gave the ends a little flip with the brush and the heat from the blow dryer helped it stay in place.  

Then, I headed to my room to get out of Sammy's way. I grabbed my makeup bag and my mirror and sat on my bed. I put on black eyeliner and silver eye shadow to match my outfit. When I was done I went and stood in front of the mirror. Everything matched to a tee.  

"Sandy!" I heard Mom call from the kitchen.  

"Coming!" I yelled while grabbing my new aqua and black checkered backpack from the beside my desk.  

I walked in to the kitchen and sat at the table. Sammy appeared about two seconds later, hair spiked and cologne freshly sprayed.  

"Whoa, you stink!" I teased.  

"Thanks." He said elbowing my side. We both chuckled.  

"Well I think you both look beautiful." Mom said while handing us both breakfast. She gave me my signature egg and bacon sandwich, and Sammy just plain bacon and eggs. We both dug in with delight while Mom went around the table and sat down with her own plate of eggs.  

When we finished eating Sammy and I headed to my car. We drove to school in silence except for when I asked him his classes. He had the same basic classes as me except with 6th period football.  

I parked the car and we went our separate ways. I checked my schedule and saw that my first class was in B17, so I headed toward the B building. I've had a class in this building before and I think I know where the room is. I walked up to door that had a big 17 on it, and walked in.