When Wolves Descend (Chapter 11)

When Wolves Descend

Written By: Cara Davis

Chapter 11

His words shook me. I didn't understand.

"B-but... H-how do you... kn-know?" I stuttered confused.

"I know everything that has and will happen in your life." Asku said knowingly.

I pondered his words before asking "What if I don't want either of them?"

"Well... that is also a path you may choose."

"Why didn't you say that too then?" I accused.

"I... That path will ultimately lead to sorrow and despair." He said looking away.

Stunned by his words I was momentarily speechless.

"Asku... can I ask you a serious question?"

His big wolf head bobbed up and down.

"Why them? Why Peter? He's... he's a jerk... and Max is... Well Max." I scoffed.

"I cannot tell you anymore, you will have to find out for yourself." Asku turned and walked away.

As the mist shrouded him it flowed toward me and consumed me.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Consciousness slowly came back to me. I felt my bed beneath me, and could hear muffled voice's out in the hall.

"Come on! Just let me see her." An unknown voice said.

"You're the last person she wants to see! Just leave I don't even know who let you in here!" I thought I heard Max say.

"I should knock your ass out right now! You're lucky you're her boyfriend... Ugh! Fuck you!" The unknown voice shouted. I heard footsteps and the person apologized presumable to my mother.

Then I heard my door crack open and I quickly shut my eyes as someone walked in.

"Sandy?"

I slowly opened my eyes and smiled at Max.

"Hey! You're awake! You've been out for awhile babe." Max said as he walked over to my bed and took my hand.

"How long?" I asked, voice groggy.

"An entire day!" He said with raised eyebrows.

"What!" I shouted as I shot up out of bed.

"Yea, the doctor came to see you and everything! He said you had a nervous breakdown, or some shit like that." Max said with a creased brow.

"Wow." I said astonished.

"Yep." Max said as he leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I was so worried about you-"

"We all were! I'm so glad you're awake sweetheart! It felt like you were out forever!" My mother said interrupting Max.

I smiled shyly and said "Yea... sorry about that... I-I don't know what happened."

"Don't worry sweetie, I know you have a lot going on now... and sometimes it's a lot to handle. You're just not used to juggling these kinds of things. But you'll catch on quickly you just need a strong supportive man by your side." My mom said while looking at Max with a knowing smile.

"Man I really gotta pee..." I said with a laugh as I rose out of bed "Oh man, and a shower!"

"Okay sweetie, you know where to find me." My mom said as she walked out of the room.