When Wolves Descend (Chapter 9)

When Wolves Descend  

Written By: Cara Davis  

Chapter 9

After about 2 weeks of school I had made a few close friends. Chloe and I are now best friends, we talk about everything and sit together at lunch every day. I even told her about my dreams.  

And yes, I am STILL dreaming of Askuwheteau. He talks sometimes, and asks how school is going and what I am planning on doing. It is very creepy.  

John, from History even sits with us at lunch too. He's really eccentric, and nice. He doesn't remind me of most guys. He's sweet and doesn't try to hit on you every 5 seconds. Oh and I barely realized last week he's in my psychology class as well.  

Kaila, from English also sits with us. She is nice, but very weird. She is really into anime junk, and always has her nose in a book.  

Last but not least is Max. Yes I said Max. He sits next to me every day. So close our legs are touching. I actually don't mind him anymore. He's sweeter now, and pays for my lunch and even carries my tray.  

I've really warmed up to him and I think my friends have to. He walks me to History with John and even holds my hand. Sometimes I get dirty looks from the cheerleaders and I can't help but laugh at them. Max hasn't really asked me to be his girlfriend though.  

By now you're probably dying to know what happened with Peter. The answer is... nothing. Our eyes met in choir and I just looked away. He didn't try to talk to me or explain himself. But every day after school I see his motorcycle parked outside Taylor's house.  

The sad thing is, I'm in choir right now, and he's been looking at me. Probably because I'm auditioning for a solo. Mrs. D added the song "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore, and I absolutely love that song. My mom and Sammy say I sing like Mandy so I'm excited.  

"Are you singing the first verse or second?"Mrs. D said questioningly.  

"Umm I don't know. I know all the words, so you pick." I told her with a smile.  

"Well... I think I want to hear you sing the whole thing. Along with the rest of the choir." She said with a grin. "Everyone line back up, and take out your music sheets." She said to the class.  

"B-but no one else did!" I shouted embarrassed.  

"Not everyone has a great voice. It will probably be between you and Alexis." She said looking over at her Student assistant.  

Alexis, tall beautiful Alexis... against me? Yea right! I should give up now! She's a senior and has been in choir since Middle School. She has the Footloose solo, the Fame solo, and the Crazy little thing called love solo.  

"Never mind." I told Mrs. D while shaking my head.  

"Don't get cold feet Hun." She said sitting back down at her Piano. But before she started to play she called down Peter.  

You see, we do performances, in all the other songs were dancing, but for this song where copying the movie a little more. Peter has to say Landon's lines from "A Walk to Remember". There's only two but still it's weird.  

She started to play and Peter said "All I know is your beautiful. Will you sing for me?"  

I almost cried right there, but I sucked it up and sang the song to Peter.  

"There's a song that's inside of my soul  

It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again  

I'm awake in the infinite cold  

But You sing to me over and over and over again"

The choir joined me here.