Sometimes...

DISCLAIMER: I proudly own the OOCness of the characters here, and might as well the grammatical errors, but not Gintama. It is owned by our favorite gorilla, Sorachi Hideaki-sensei da! (I forgot to put this on the 1st chapter. Gome)

CHAPTER 2: Sometimes it is pretty much annoying to hear other people say that you look like your parent especially if you know that, the said parent of your is not good looking~

KAGURA'S POV

"Hey don't you guys think this brat awfully looks like Kagura?" Gin-chan asked as he picks his nose.

"I think you're right Gin-san." Shinpachi seconded.

Hearing them agree with that idea, made me stare at the baby I am carrying.

It seems to me, she's at the age of 2 to 3 years old. Just like me, her hair is orange and her skin is a bit pale. Looking at her, she is somewhat a complete replica of me, though a baby version. But that thought just lasted within a mere second when she opened her eyes. It wasn't blue like mine, it was a crimson red one… a pair of ruby eyes. Those eyes are quite familiar to me, though I can't seem to remember who's that person who shares the same redness of her eyes.

"Well, it's clear to us that Kagura's not the mother though. Maybe her parents has the same physical features like her." Woah! A perfectly normal answer from Gin-chan? How OOC.

"Is that even possible?" Shinpachi asked.

"It already happened to me remember? You accused me that the child left here in our office was mine just because he looks like me? But it turns out to be that I'm not the father of that boy." Gin-chan answered looking pissed off, remembering the fact that all of us was convinced then that he was really the father.

"Maybe, she's Pappi's daughter-aru. A daughter from another woman, meaning my illegitimate sister-aru."

"That's also a possibility." Gin-chan approved my hunch.

"W-wait… Let's not draw out conclusions like that, Kagura-chan, Gin-san. Umibouzu-san couldn't possibly-"

"Heh! If Pappi could cheat when Mami was still alive, how much more if she's long gone-aru?"

"That's a good point Kagura."

"No it isn't! Let's not be harsh to Umibouzu-san, especially when we are still not sure, who's this baby's parent is!"

While Shinpachi was making his annoying speech, the baby smiled at me while stretching her cute little arms. I smile back to her and she suddenly touched my cheeks. But what surprised me the most is when she,

"Mami!" called me like that.

SOUGO'S POV

I am just spending my day off taking care of a baby. Well, if it was a normal toddler, I would just put it in a sack and give it to Danna and let him handle the rest for me. A parfait or two would motivate him to do so, but this brat caught my interest.

"How is it possible that a child almost look the same as me, and share the same hatred towards Hijikata-san?" I mumbled to myself.

He has the same color of my hair… and his face… his face looks like mine. He's like a baby version of me. But the only difference is his eyes. It was blue. A pair of ocean blue eyes… same color as hers.

"Daddy…" he called, facing me with his head tilting.

"Daddy?"

"Pulay!" he said.

"Pulay" I wondered. "Oh you mean play?" Damn with the baby talk. "Here" I tossed a straw voodoo doll on him with a picture of Hijikata-san on top.

Well, as expected, he happily ripped off the head of the doll while giggling and singing his 'Jijigata die' song. If someone were to see us, they would definitely conclude we're father and son.