Offers

Chapter 4 I wake up to Caitlyn knocking at my door

                                     Chapter 4
I wake up to Caitlyn knocking at my door. "Hey" I croak out rubbing my eyes to the light shining through. "Sorry to wake you Em but I'm headed to STAR labs if you wanted to join"
"Sure I'll be ready in 20 minutes"
"Ok I'll be out here if you need anything" Caitlyn said shutting the door. With that I get ready for the day.
(Fast forward to star labs)
Caitlyn and I stopped at jitters and got coffee for everyone. I entered handing a cup to Cisco "thank you caffeine Queen!" Cisco said laughing at his own word choice with my name. "Your welcome" I chuckled..."where's Dr.Wells?" I said looking around the cortex to give him his coffee. "Oh yeah he's in the back lab" Cisco was pointing to the direction Dr. Wells was at.
I walked in to find a very stressed out Wells so deep in his work he didn't notice I was there. "Hey... sorry to interrupt Dr. Wells but Caitlyn and I stopped at jitters for coffee and I got you one." I said extending my arm to give him the cup. "Oh well thank you miss Queen that was very thoughtful of you.. please just set it on my desk." I smiled setting it down while he dove right back to work I stood there watching the way he put in so much energy in his research. I saw his eyes light up when he figured out small solutions...the way he celebrated a personal victory with a low chuckle. I was cut of from my inner thoughts when he noticed me staring.."Is there anything else you need Miss Queen?" fully putting his attention towards me.
I blush feeling slightly embarrassed.."um well yes there is something" he nods for me to continue clearly he is in a hurry to get back to working. "Well as you know I'm here because of Barry and I actually started to settle down in Central city and the one thing I need right now is a job.. and since I'm here everyday I was wondering... um" Wells started nodding and filling in the gaps sighing "you want to work here at star labs." I shook my head with a nervous smile.."y-yes.."
"Miss Queen that depends on your capabilities.. what exactly are you good at doing?" He asked curiously. I smiled and looked down thinking of the perfect response.."Dr Wells I'm not a scientist or anything that has to do with the study of biology.. literally nothing of what star labs is known for doing." He tilts his head in confusion as I continue.."My background is law and investigations... I know what your thinking how can that contribute to STAR labs.. I come from a wealthy background and we all know what comes with success and power is a lot of legal stuff.. Now Star labs is issued by the government to be shut down. If anyone were to find out the operation is continuing then that calls for a big lawsuit." Wells interrupts before I continued "Miss Queen I understand that you would like to make yourself useful here however as you know I'm a very wealthy man myself I have the highest legal team working for me. Now excuse me I have a lot of work that needs to be done."
I sigh shaking my head.. I was ready to admit defeat but I had to get my final words in "Dr Wells I wouldn't just be your like your legal staff.. my work that I've done with the Queen family was nothing like any typical high paying lawyers would do I'm sure you'll need me if not now but in the future" I was proud of myself before he could argue against me I winked and walked away leaving him stunned.
-
I returned to the cortex feeling proud for confronting Dr. Wells when I heard Barry's favorite song playing...