Awake

Chapter 5"Barry's favorite song

Chapter 5
"Barry's favorite song.." I said smiling to myself as Cisco and Caitlyn continued monitoring Barry.
"He can hear everything right?" Cisco said humming poker face to himself as he took a bite out of his candy.
All of sudden Barry shot up gasping for air. I turned in shock "BARRY!" I yelled standing up looking at him as he looked all around in confusion.
"Dr wells get to the Cortex like right now!" Cisco yelled into the mic.
"Both pupils are equally reacting to light" Caitlyn said rushing to exam Barry.
I made sure to stay out the way as they took a look at Barry.
Barry continued to struggle against Caitlyn and Cisco. "Whoa whoa buddy calm down.. your at STAR labs." Cisco said trying to calm him down. "Star labs?" Barry said confused.
"Em maybe you should come in here." Caitlyn said with a nervous smile.
I slowly walked in trying to hide my excitement that Barry finally woke up. "Hey-y Barry.." I stuttered. "Emily!! What am I doing here?!" He said in a mixture of shock and confusion.
"Barry, you were struck by lighting the night of the particle accelerator explosion... you've been in a coma.." I explained the situation to Barry as best as I could. "A coma? For how long?!"
I grabbed his hand and sighed "for 9 months.."
"9 months?!"
"Y-yes.. these people have been helping with your condition something the doctors could not do.. this is Cisco Ramon and Caitlyn Snow." I introduced them to Barry.
"Welcome back Mr. Allen." We heard a familiar voice shout as we turned around, there was Dr. Wells smiling at Barry. "We have a lot to discuss.." he continued. Barry and Dr. Wells left the room leaving Caitlyn Cisco and I in the Cortex.
-
Dr. Wells and Barry returned after their discussion. I stood up and gave Barry a hug, while Dr. Wells watched our every move. "Emily how long have you been here?" Smiling at my presence. "Well oh gosh I don't know for months... I'm living here now."
"She's been here every.single.day. Dude" Cisco said.
I playfully rolled my eyes "that's what best friends are for.. had to be there for my B-man after all he's done for me." I grabbed Barry's shoulder and pulled him in another hug..
FLASHBACK
It's been years since Oliver's been gone. Everyone believes him to be dead. I refuse to accept it.. I have no one but him. My dads dead and so is my mother.. I heard a knock at the door pulling me out of my thoughts. "Barry!" I said in shock.. "Em.. how are you doing?" He said with worry and concern in his eyes. I wanted to say I was fine I wanted to lie like I did to everyone else.. but I couldn't.. this was Barry.. "not good." I barely say above a whisper. He pulls me into a hug as I cried and sobbed for so long. He stayed and listened.. he helped me through the worse times in my life. I loved him for that. I loved Barry Allen. ( as a best friend)

"You know who's been here a lot to...Iris" Dr. Wells causing Barry and I to stop hugging. "She talks a lot" Caitlyn said "plus she's hot" Cisco smiled. "Iris.." Barry said "I have to go!" . Everyone looked at him shocked. "No you can't!" Caitlyn said. "No-no Caitlyn's right now that your awake we need to do more tests." Dr. Wells urged on.."your still going through changes there's so much we don't know!"
"I feel fine..really.. I feel normal" Barry said shrugging and walking out. "Thank you for saving my life!"  He ran out. "Really" Caitlyn said as Dr. Wells took a big sigh. Barry popped back in "can I keep the sweatshirt?" Dr. Wells rolled his eyes and waved him off "yes you can keep the sweatshirt." Barry ran back out.
-
"Why didn't we let Em talk to him?" Cisco said.. they all looked at me to answer "hey don't look at me! When it's comes to Iris no one can stop that boy" I threw my hands up defensively. "So Em what are you going to do now that Barry is awake?" Caitlyn asked. I sighed and thought for a moment..."I guess go back to Starling city."
"What?!" They all said in unison including Dr. Wells which I was surprised about.
"There's nothing left for me to do here.. Barry's awake he's going to go back into his normal routine.. I couldn't even find a job here.." Cisco cut me off "No offense isn't your family like super rich.. do you really need a job?" I rolled my eyes at that "yes I do.. I don't believe in taking everything that's handed to me.. I went to college I loved what I studied I loved my job.. I'm not going to sit around and be a trophy to anyone throwing balls and events. I want my work to mean something." They all nodded their heads understanding.. that's when Dr. Wells spoke up.. "Miss Queen I was thinking about your qualifications that we discussed earlier and I've might of just found you a place here at STAR labs."
"Looks like she's staying!!" Cisco cheered "wait wait really?"
"Hey don't question him take the job!" Caitlyn said excitedly.
"Well I don't know yet.. Dr. Wells meet me at Jitters tomorrow morning at 6 am to discuss my employment here." I said in a serious tone crossing my arms looking at the imitating handsome Harrison Wells. "6 am" he repeated nodding and rolling away. Caitlyn shrieked "your staying!!"

(A/N I'm trying to follow the flash script and it's harder than I thought. Of course I'll be steering away from most of the actual script to focus on Emily's relationship with Harrison!)