June

I barely have time to write this I'm so busy between revising for O.W.L.s next week and organising my birthday party. It took a lot of doing but I've basically managed to get everyone that weekend off, so even if they aren't coming to the party they should be thankful to me. A free weekend to either continue revising for exams or take a well-deserved break. All care of Lucius of course, being one of the school board members he had the powe to sort that out and Dumbledore had no say whatsoever. I must remember to thank him, and Narcissa for letting me hold it in her gorgeous house. It's absolutely huge, probably three times the size of mine, and I can invite loads of people. Plus it's not only big, but has a really amazing room that I can use with a sunken courtyard just off of it at one end so we can take the party outside too. Fingers crossed on the weather being hot like today. I'm sweltering, even down here in the Slytherin Common Room, which is in the dungeons under the Black Lake, so it must be unbearable further up the castle. It should cool down soon though as it's getting later in the evening.       

Speaking of which, Draco should be here soon to take me to the Prefects Bathroom for a swim in the bath. He only started letting me go recently, I've been begging him all year and he's only just relented; despite what anyone else says, he takes his Prefect duties seriously. I wish we'd done it sooner, I love swimming. I trace my finger along the line of my bikini which I slipped on earlier in preparation, waiting for Draco to arrive as he's already five... no, ten minutes late. He bloody well had better not have gone without me.       

And just as I thought that, his blonde head came around the corner from the entrance, sauntering towards me with a massive grin on his face.       

"What are you looking so pleased about, Mister?" I asked teasingly, but he shook his head and just grabbed my hand instead, dragging me out into the corridor. He steered me past the usual passage we took and down to the Entrance Hall. I thought he was going to take me up the Main Staircase but herded me out of the open door much to my surprise. He had both his hands on my hips, putting just a little pressure on me to tell me where to go. I tried protesting and asking questions but everytime he nudged me in the side, pushed me on and shushed me.       

By the time we were coming over the top of the slight hill I realised where we were headed. The Black Lake was painted with the colours of the sunset, white ripples interrupting as they lapped onto the sandbed by the giant Willow tree where we eventually stopped.       

"What are you looking so pleased about, Missus?" Draco copycatted in a singsong voice, teasing me over the grin that had crept it's way upon my face without my notice. I stuck my tongue out at him and he winked as he began pulling off his shirt. I watched, admiring his strong physique, his skin oddly pale against the backdrop of all the bright colours around us and the tops of the midnight blue swimming shorts he had on. I tugged off my own vest top and wiggled out of my shoes and shorts, leaving me only in my red and white polkadot bikini.     

"Coming in, Milkbottle?" I mocked as I skipped past him into the water, my own tanned body also a stark contrast to Draco's pale skin. He raked his hair back with one hand as he began walking towards me, now a few meters in. I turned my back for just a second. Mistake. When I turned back, Draco was no where to be seen until all of a sudden there was a grip on my left leg and he yanked me down into the lukewarm water with him. I couldn't help but yelp, swallowing a huge gulp of the murky water and having to claw my way to the surface, coughing and spluttering profusely. 

Draco soon reappeared beside me, and just as soon as I had finished choking we swam out deep into the lake and lay on our backs, floating beneath the ever-darkening sky. When the pinprick stars emerged we lazily made our way back to the bank and dried ourselves off before heading inside hand in hand.