Chapter 10

Never in a million years have I ever thought that I would watch someone frame me.
Part of me felt sorry for her delusional and conniving state of mind.

Everyone looked at me like I was a threat and I was in disbelief of the image she was portraying.
Only a sick minded and deceitful person would be able to pull that off.

"Alex, please get me out of here. I'm scared. I just want to go. I want to go. I don't want to lose my life," she continued to cry.
If I did not know the truth, I would have believed her.

"Your highness, should we take her to the dungeons?" One of the guards asked Alex that was when a figured that he was referring to me.

"No!" Alex replied swiftly.
"Lisa let's go because this is just pathetic," he said to a crying Lisa.

I watched him walk out of the room with Lisa followed by the guards.
He sure knew how to calm a girl down.

I was now angry. Angry about Lisa's little stunt and I was also angry that he believed her.
He only listened to Lisa. He did not give me a chance to speak but then again how could he when I just stood  in front of him like a statue?

The room felt cold with everyone gone. Still standing, I looked at my mother's journal. The book that held a secret, the book that wrote my fate.

Greystone was not what I had anticipated. Greystone was not for me and I had to leave.
With the money that I now had, I could start over somewhere. Some place far away, in another country.

With that thought I took my phone to search for places to be.
In my mind I already had a plan.
Buy a house, open a new business and live a normal life.

I found myself standing in front of the first door after mine.
He was probably not there since it has been only 10 minutes after the whole scene... and yes, I kept count.

I had to show him the last page of the journal and I had to tell him that Lisa was delusional.
But the other half of me said I did not have to explain myself, especially to him.

I was about to knock but I swiftly refrained. He must have been with Lisa.
I took a step back and decided to just go back to my room but his door opened.

He stood there quietly before he urged me to step into his room.
He still looked angry and felt like I had done something wrong.
The color of his iris was different, he looked scary.

Tears began to form in my eyes and I hated it. I hated the fact that I felt fragile.
The fierce Allyson from Aisle-View was now gone and I wanted... No, I needed her to come back.

I opened the last written page of the journal and gave it to him but he did not read it. His eyes just remained on me.
He must hate me more than he did before right now.
I could not handle the silence anymore.

"You know I came her thinking that I will start a new life and find closure about my past and now that I'm here... I regret it, I regret being so inquisitive because look where it got me,"
I took a deep breath to calm down before I could continue.

"You should read that," I said as I passed by him. I stopped at the door and looked at him.
"My life at this very moment is pathetic because it surely confuses the crap out of me and I am sorry for bringing my 'confusion' into your life Alexander. It was never my intention to be your mate and I'm so sorry for that. I wish I knew how to change all this.
Oh and if Lisa thinks that I care about your relationship then she is even more deluded than I thought,"
I said but I was wrong about not caring. I could not tell why but I just cared about him.

He had read everything by the time I was done.
"Who said you were bringing confusion into my life?
My mother and your mother knew what they were doing and they also had their reasons.
Ally you should never apologies for things you can't change,"

My heartbeat accelerated. That was the second time he called me Ally.
I think I was drawn to my mate.
I nodded my head and faced the floor.

He gently lifted my head up with his hand and looked into my eyes.
"But you're wrong to say you don't care about Lisa and I because you are my mate, you're bound to care,"

I began to feel weird with his hand on my face and the way he was speaking.

"I... I will be leaving tomorrow. I think it will be the best..." Before I could finish, Alex cut me off.

"You'll just be wasting your time. You don't want me to be miserable Ally. I just found you.
Earlier when she tried to turn me against you, I almost lost it. I knew you wouldn't do such a thing because your eyes, speak to me,"

What was wrong with this guy? Why was he looking at me like that?
He made me feel weak in my knees. He made me fear that I would say something stupid.

"I... I forgot to brush my hair,"
Too late. I said something stupid and he smirked still admiring my eyes.
"You didn't believe her?"

"Ally, she's is a vampire. She would have... done something to you the second you pulled it out so yes. I didn't believe her,"

Without thinking, I hugged him and to be honest it felt just right.
I was crushing on my mate.

He broke the hug and swiftly went to the other side of his room.
"Uh...I think you should go,"

...

XoXo