Chapter 9

Lisa stood in front of us with folded arms. It seemed like she was ready for a fight.

Not wishing to be a part of this circus, I walked as quickly as I could to the house.

I was sure that I looked hideous in their eyes with my maximum speed.

I walked further into the humongous palace and for the first time I could definitely say that was lost.

I was drawn to what could be mistaken as an empty room. In the middle of the room was a breathtaking glass piano.
My hands longed to touch it and my ears were desperate to hear it's melody.

I walked further into the room, closer to the piano.
I felt as if my mother was in the room watching me but then fear consumed me when I thought of the shadow.
I was really sure that there was someone behind that tree.
'Oh stop it Allyson. You didn't see anyone'.

Before I knew it, I was singing while playing the piano.
I sang a song that used to play in my dreams as a child and I felt a sense of relief in doing so.

Tears could not stop falling from my eyes, why? I have no idea.
The more I tried to figure this out, the more tears escaped my eyes. I could not control it.

I spent almost 21 years of my life accepting who I was and I was fine not knowing who my parents were.
I knew for sure that my mother cared about me because every letter I read on my birthday told me so.

If only I was able to control my curiosity.
I should have tried to resist the urge to move to Greystone.
All the should have and could have thoughts made my tears fall like waterfalls.
My head hurt and it felt heavy.

"Ally," I heard a familiar voice say.
I knew who it belonged to.
His arms wrapped me into a hug. My head found refuge on his chest and felt his chin on top.
I felt his hand caress my back.
I had to leave but my body did not obey.

"Allyson my baby. My poor baby. I'm sorry that you're going through all of this but you have to stop bottling your emotions.
You never cried but now to do and though it breaks me to see you cry, I am glad that all the heavy load of emotions is slowly finding it's way out,"
My mother stood in front of me in a yellow dress which made her extremely pale skin noticeable.

"Mom. I..." I tried to speak but froze.
The shadow appeared and scared me.

"He says I should tell you that he didn't mean to scare you. He just wanted to see you. He is just always with me," my mother said with a smile.

"Who... Who is he?"

"He really loves me Allyson,"

"Who loves you?" I asked but she span around. I believed she was looking for something.

"Shhh! You go and help Danielle. I have to go now but I love you. I always have and always will," she said before running away with the shadow beside her.

Everything went black after my mother ran.

"Be careful," an unfamiliar voice said.

Still lost in the darkness I just walked. I could not see where I was going but I knew that I was walking.

"Allyson come over here," Danielle's jolly voice said.
It was bright again then I saw her.
Her stomach had become bigger, she looked pregnant.

With a smile walked towards her. She turned her face to the dark side.

"Danielle. I was just there. You won't be able to see anything," I said but she walked towards the darkness.
"Danielle!"

She disappeared into the darkness but came out within seconds.
Her stomach was flat and I pointed at it.
She looked at her stomach and began sobbing.
"The darkness took my baby. Allyson, the darkness took my baby,"