Chapter 8

Izuku headed over to where Katsuki was standing with that smile still on his face, which was slowly turning into a grin the closer he got. Now, Katsuki would rather die than admit it, but it creeped the fuck out of him.

They got into position and after 3 beats they lunged at each other. Katsuki went for a right hook which Izuku swiftly dodged and performed a back flip in retaliation to successfully get out of Katsuki’s reach while delivering a kick to his chin, anyone experienced in martial arts would know that such a hit would make your opponent’s sight hazy and out of focus, which in turn would make his moves sluggish and easily predicted, Izuku watched as Katsuki swayed on his feet for 2 seconds before he composed himself, Izuku was impressed by that. To anyone else it would seem that the hit didn't affect him but to the trained eye, the unnoticeable shaking of his legs said otherwise.

“Use your quirk”

“HAH? YOU WANNA BURN TO A CRISP SHITTY DEKU?” Katsuki dived in to continue his attack, Izuku jumped high and attempted to deliver another kick but Katsuki grabbed his ankles and threw him to the ground, Izuku braced himself for the impact and tightened his muscles to avoid injuring his back. Katsuki straddled his waist and went for another right hook only for Izuku to push himself closer, he was a hairline away from touching Katsuki’s nose, his breath fanning over the blonde’s lips. Katsuki’s fist met air and he was starting to get agitated.

“Use your quirk” Izuku whispered, his hands shot out wrapping around Katsuki, one hand going under his right arm to meet the other which was wrapped around his neck fixing him in an arm triangle choke, Izuku tightened his arms and wrapped his legs around Katsuki’s torso.

“USE IT!” Izuku shouted at him. It irked Izuku to no end that Katsuki saw him as an unworthy target, a Deku. That he thought he can win the fight without needing it. Izuku was determined to prove his strength.

“FUCK YOU, I WON'T!” Katsuki snarled at him.

“I WANT YOU TO COME AT ME WITH EVERYHING YOU'VE GOT! SO USE YOUR QUIRK!” There was urgency in Izuku’s voice.

“YOU'RE FIGHTING WITHOUT ONE, SO AM I! IF YOU WANNA DIE SO FUCKING MUCH THEN GO JUMP OFF THE ROOF!” Katsuki was getting frustrated at his situation, he knew that if he used his quirk he can escape this predicament easily, but doing so would make him seem weak, that he couldn't win a fight without using his quirk....and he didn't want to hurt Izuku.

“SO BE IT! I'M NOT A WEAK DEKU, KACCHAN!”

Everyone froze at that, even Katsuki. They never thought that their greenette classmate was insecure about his strength, he was the top of the class along with Karma and Nagisa for crying out loud! But his teachers understood his frustration. They tried so many times to get it through his head that he's the strongest in class, that he's no where near weak or helpless but he'd brush it off with a smile and go back to training until he was unable to walk straight.

Katsuki felt the all too familiar anger and snapped at his childhood friend.

“YOU ALREADY WON YOU STUPID ASSHOLE, YOU IMMOBILIZED ME! WHAT PART OF YOU IS FUCKING WEAK?” he barked and used his free hand to hit Izuku’s back.

“I SCORED THE MOST POINTS ON THE ENTRANCE EXAM YOU LITTLE SHIT AND YOU TOOK ME DOWN IN UNDER 5 FIVE FUCKING MINUTES JUST LIKE THAT OLD HAG SAID” Irina smirked in triumph at that, completely ignoring his insult. “IT'S SHITTY YOU WEREN'T BORN WITH A QUIRK BUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO LET THAT STOP YOU FROM BECOMING A HERO THEN JUST LEAVE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!”

Izuku has released Katsuki from his grip halfway through and continued to stare at the angry blond as he set him straight, his words hit home and Izuku couldn't stop himself from smiling a bit when Katsuki was done. A genuine smile. Everyone has been telling him these exact words but he needed to hear them from him from the person he looked up to and admired the most, right after AllMight of course.