Chapter 1:The start

Beca's POV:

I hate life. I hate it. First I can't find my shoes,then my necklace,I couldn't find my damn car keys, and now there's a freakin line for coffee. It's 8:23am people shouldn't be at a coffee shop,they should be in their homes sleeping and complaining about how their kids won't shut up. Chloe should already bring me my coffee but noooooo she said she needs to go to her sisters wedding in Chicago. Relationships won't last,why try. I'm finally at the front and I order my coffee. I can finally make it to the studio to finish my piece. I try to grab my coffee but some idiot takes it from me.

"Hey!"-Beca

"What this is mi----Beca?"

Just when I thought my morning wouldn't get any worse.

"Beca Mitchell. Remember me from high school. The movie loving nerd.We dated for like almost 3 years. I'm Jesse. Jesse Swanson"

"Yeah, how could I forget the dumbass who fucked my best friend on our anniversary,let me catch y'all in our hotel room,tell me you love me and let me run off on the streets where I almost got raped and let a car almost hit me."

"I still never forgave myself for that. I really am deeply sorry. You never gave me a chance to expl-"

I grab the coffee from his hand and start walking away.

"Beca! Wait!! I wanna catch up."

"No!! I have to go and even if I didn't I would catch up. Goodbye.have a nice life. I really don't care"

I get in my car and start driving to the studio. God I wish to never see him again.

RADIO STATION

I quickly run inside but Luke calls me in his booth when I'm just at my door.

"Yeah"-b

"Becky. I got a new employee to help us since your mostly doing the music and we neesomeone to help clean up and organize the CDs. This is Jesse Swanson. Jesse,this is Becky Mitchell."

"Luke it's Beca"

"Sorry then. Jesse this is Beca Mitchell."

He slowly turns around and faces me with an unknown expression. This is more wrose than Bumper singing TikTok.

Jesse's POV:

Beca. I got her back in my life again. Wait a minute. She might kill me or never talk to me.

"Jesse,Beca will show you around and tell you where everything goes." Luke told me

Yep. She's gonna kill me.I see her face look mad,confused,and upset. I get up and follow her to the CDs.

"So you decided to stalk me and come ruin my life now?" Beca asked

"No. I had no idea you worked here. I needed a job to help keep me from watching movies all the time and I need money to buy those movies."-j

"Well, we're gonna be working together sometimes but that doesn't mean I forgive for what you did. So what you have to do is stack these CDs by year and type they are. Like classic rock on the left and 1985 soundtracks in the corner."

"Got it"-j

"If you need anything I'll be in the booth where there's a "beca not Becky" sign on the wall."she laughs and smiles at me.

"Okay. Just know I hope we can be friends again and finally make up from me nosing a jackass."

"That makes one of us"-b. She leaves and I start working.

Later on

Im in the studio alone when I'm packing my backpack up and i hear singing from the back. becas still here. i walk towards her booth door and open it slowly without her noticing.shes playing the piano and singing a song i never heard of.
(lets just pretend it doesnt exist).

"I can hold my breath
I can bite my tongue
I can stay awake for days
If that's what you want
Be your number one
I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am
I can do it I can do it I can do it
But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head,
knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart'
Cause I'm only human
I can turn it on
Be a good machine
I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything
I can do it I can do it I'll get through it
But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head,
knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
' Cause I'm only human
I'm only human
I'm only human
Just a little human
I can take so much '
Til I've had enough '
Cause I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head,
knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart'
Cause I'm only human"

"That was beautiful." i say
"what are you doing here. wait how much did you hear?" she ask
"All of it. And i was gonna leave but then i heard you sing. Did you write that?" I ask
"Yeah. Um its bad isnt it? it wrote it back in high school but never finished."
"No it was beautiful. You have an amazing voice. Why didn't you tell me you wrote songs"I ask
"Well because I was gonna show you this on our anniversary and let you help me finish it because I know how great of a singer and writer you are. But then you know what happened." She says with a bummed out expressing.
"You are an amazing writer. And I am still deeply sorry."
"Well now that I'm gonna be working with you I guess I can say you are forgiven. I don't want work drama. Luke has enough drama with his girlfriend here." She says and I smile. She smile also but it fades away when she realizes that we are have a "stare down"
"So when can we catch up?"-Jesse
"Umm I forgave you and it's kinda awkward isn't it?"-Beca
"It was 8 years ago. Come on. I miss us watching movies. Listening to your mixes, Pranking our friends. Please let's just catch up. You pick the date. Just consider it."
She smile and nods. I leave putting my fist up in the air like Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club ending.
"Stop being a weirdo nerd!" She yells