Chapter Twelve

It's the day of Kayla's funeral. This is the pain that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies. The day that I have been dreading. I made the way up to the podium.

"Hi, my name is Melissa." I started. "I'm not going to make this usual. Instead I'm going to reads you a few of Kayla's favourite quotes. The first quote was said by Christopher Eccleston playing the Ninth Doctor in Doctor who. 'You think it'll last forever. People and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone. Even the sky. My planet's gone. It's dead. It burned like the Earth. It's just rocks and dust. Before its time.' Kayla adored this quotes. She always said this when she saw people taking the things they have for granted." I could feel the tears sting my face. The blank states of the other people made it worse. "So to Kayla I have one last thing to say. 'before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.' Kayla, rest in peace." I rushed of the stage. Crying so hard that my ribs started to hurt from gasping for air. I sat down beside David and buried my face into his shoulder. Next up was her mom.

"My daughter didn't deserve to die. She spent everyday seeing the good in people, and the bad that she tried to overlook killed her. When she was little she came up to me and said 'Mommy, I'm gonna be something some day!' What she didn't know is that she was already somebody, she was somebody to all of us." Her mom broke down and started crying, gasping for air. I got up and hug her. While she sat on the steps once she began to calm down I helped her back to her seat.

~

The funeral ended a few hours ago, David was at his hotel and I was at my home. I watched the time on the clock go by.

I grabbed my phone and called David

"Hello?" he said answering the phone.

"David." My voice broken with sobs.

"Melissa, what's going on?" he asked.

"I don't want to be alone." I cried.

"Then you don't have to be. I'm on my way, I'll bring watch ever you want." He said. I could ere him grab his keys.

"All I want is to not be alone." I cried.