Well, This Isn't How I Expected The Night To Go

I walked quietly beside Dominic as he led me out of the house and into the backyard, which was less a yard and more the beginnings of the forest. "Wow, this is cool"
He smiled and glanced around at the trees, "Yeah, it is nice having so much wilderness so close to where I live. But that isn't really why I brought you out here."
I nodded gently, "Yes, I think I know why you brought me outside, where no one else was around."
He stopped walking and turned to face me, the light from the house causing his dark hair to glow around the edges, "Fallon, I know that I'm not the only one who feels these intense emotions every time that we're close. Your scent is...it's more intoxicating than anything I've ever smelt. It makes every thought in my head disappear the moment you're near. And even when you weren't with me, I could think only of you."
I nodded gently, "You aren't wrong, I feel the same way. I don't know why all of this is so overpowering, why you make every coherent thought run screaming from my head, only to be replaced by this overwhelming desire...even now, if you were any closer I don't think I'd be able to speak this calmly to you."
He nodded and ran a hand through his already messy hair, causing it to stick up at odd angles and make me smile a bit, "All I can think about right now is ripping your clothes off right here..."
I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, and I wanted to say that I hadn't thought about it, but as soon as he said it all that I could picture was ripping the t-shirt he was wearing to shreds and that made me blush harder. I decided it would be best to change the subject, "Do you think our entire lives are going to be like this?"
He shrugged, "There is no telling, maybe this whole thing is just the wolf in us? Just instincts because we're supposed to be Mated."
I nodded slowly as I thought about it "You could be right, maybe it's a primal instinct. Or maybe it's something that was done to us to ensure this plan would work out the way everyone wants it to. Who knows, maybe if we give in to it, this feeling will stop."
He seemed to study me for a long moment before speaking, "That's possible, want to find out if you're right?"
I took half a step back and raised my eyebrow, "Dominic, what are you asking me?"
His face flushed, "Oh, I didn't mean it to come out like that...I'm sorry."
I shook my head, "It's alright...it's all this tension, it's making me feel a little crazy too."
He stepped closer to me and put a hand on my side, "I'm not sure what's going on between us, maybe the elders of the pack did something, maybe it's just us. But fighting is hopeless, especially if we're going to be in school together every day."
I nodded "I can agree with that,"
"I'm glad to hear it, so maybe we stop fighting it? just let go and see where it leads us, I feel like I'm meant to be with you, Fallon." 
I bit my lip and studied his eyes, I could see that he was sincere, whether that was because of whatever was going on between us or if it was just how he felt. There was, unfortunately, no way to know, and though part of me was screaming to let go and just let him do whatever he liked to me. I knew that the moment I was away from him and could think undisturbed I would regret it.
Finally, after a long moment of silence and him staring at me, I stepped back, "No...I'm sorry but I can't, at least not until I know what's going on."
He let me go without protest, though I could see from his expression that he was a little disappointed, "That's alright, I understand." 
I smiled a little at him "in the meantime...it might be best to give each other as much space as we can."
He nodded "I agree, but I don't know if I can promise not to touch you."
I couldn't help but laugh a little "that's alright honestly, I don't think I could promise not to either. Just being in the same room as you feels like a magnet that draws me towards you. "
He smiled and stepped closer, laying his hands on my waist, "I'm glad to hear it isn't just me."
I watched him lean closer and knew if I didn't stop him he would kiss me, and I was just about to let him when the back door opened, "There you two are! Nora, Cassidy, out here."
Dominic groaned under his breath before stepping away from me and turning to look at Marcus who was standing in the doorway. 
"What do you want?" 
I could hear the irritation very clearly in his voice, and by the grin on Marcus' face, he could too. 
"We had the idea that Fallon should come out with us into the woods." 
Nora pushed her way around Marcus and shook her head "No, not we. Just you, Cassidy, and I told you that Fallon and Dom should be left alone." 
He laughed and shrugged his shoulders, "Okay, so it was my idea. But come on I want to see if all of the stories about how big she is are true." 
I put my hands on my hips, "First of all, I'm right here. And second, if you want to see me change you could just ask."
Dominic turned and smiled at me, then looked back at Marcus, "Dude, let me warn you now, do not piss her off."
Marcus stepped down off the back stairs, stumbling just a little as he went, "Why? because you'll beat me up if I do?"
Dom laughed and stepped back from me, he seemed eager for me to scare his friend which amused me. "No, because she is scarier than me, by like ten."
I saw Cassidy come out the back, her and Nora sitting on the steps together, "What's going on?"
Nora laid her hand on Cassidy's knee, "Marcus is gonna cry in a minute, that's what."
Marcus snorted and waved his hand in their direction, "Oh sure, whatever, why would I cry?"
Dominic moved over to lean against the stair railing, "Because, Nora and Cassidy saw Fallon hand me my ass this morning. And they know you don't stand a chance."
I looked at Marcus then over at Dominic, "Are you sure about this?"
He laughed and nodded, "Oh yeah, I am sure. Have fun"
I shrugged and watched Marcus come closer to me, still stumbling a little. The fact that he had had a few drinks tonight was going to make this even better. So I waited until he was standing almost right in front of me to shift, pulling the wolf half of me on like a favorite sweater. I landed with my front paws right in front of him and growled, though it was loud it was meant as playful and I could hear Dominic laugh even as Marcus screamed and fell on his ass. 
I decided to have a little more fun and began stalking around him slowly, letting my fur bristle and my lip curl up to show my teeth. 
"Oh wow, Dom, she is scarier than you." I heard Nora whisper.
He just laughed, "She is stunning."
I snarled a little when Marcus tried to get up which shut him down immediately, he just laid there on the grass, his eyes never leaving me.
After a few more moments of terrifying him, I turned and bounded over to the stairs, making Cassidy squeal until I shifted mid-step and stopped in front of them, unable to stop myself from laughing, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."  
Dominic laughed and hooked his arm around my waist, "Don't be sorry, that was great."
Nora nodded, "He's right Fallon, you're awesome."
I smiled and let myself relax against Dominic's side, "Thanks guys, that means a lot to me." I glanced over my shoulder at Marcus who had finally managed to get to his feet. 
"That was rude!"
Dominic let go of me and turned around, crossing his arms over his chest, "It was not, you wanted to see if the rumors were true. So she answered your question and if she was like other Alphas that this pack has had she would have given you a scar to remember questioning her."
Marcus held up his hands, "Okay so you're right, whatever."
I laughed lightly, "Alright, this has been fun. But I should probably head home, we do have school in the morning." 
Dominic turned his attention back to me, "Oh, okay I can walk you to your car."
 I shook my head, "That's alright, I'll see you guys at school in the morning., Night Nora and Cassidy." They both waved at me before walking off around the house and over to my truck before he could argue.