New School. New Pack. New Boyfriend?

I was halfway across the campus by the time Nora and Cassidy caught up with me.
"Oh my gosh, I've never seen anything like that! I can't believe no one told you about Dominic though. And I've never seen someone beat him so easily. Oh wow, your wolf form is so big! And your fur is so pretty, all those red and blonde shades just like your hair."
Nora finally just put her hand right over Cassidy's mouth. "Alright, breathe, why don't you get to class, I will make sure that Fallon gets where she is supposed to go."
Cassidy nodded quickly and skipped off in another direction.
As soon as she was out of earshot Nora turned to me, "Sorry about her, she means well but sometimes I think that she doesn't have a slower speed. It's everything a mile a minute or nothing at all."
I smiled a little "It's okay, thanks though."
She nodded and gestured for me to follow her into another building. "She is a year younger than us though, so you won't see her much during the day. Dominic on the other hand..."
I sighed "Yes, I sort of figured that he was going to be in most of my classes. That's actually how I knew I had English class first this morning, while we were fighting he left his mind open a bit and I saw it."
She smiled and nodded "He's always been a bit of an open book when he's a wolf, never been able to keep secrets from us like that."
I smiled again and walked with her down the hallway "One of us will show you where your locker is after class, though it might have to be Dominic, I have AP Algebra as soon as English is over."
I shrugged "It's alright, I don't mind him...I mean just cause I nearly had to tear his throat out doesn't mean anything."
She laughed and shook her head, "Yeah alright, c'mon before we're late."
We jogged down the rest of the hall and she led me into a classroom that was mostly full already, with only a few desks left unoccupied, including two right beside each other in the front row and a third right behind them.
"Let me guess, everyone else knew I was coming too?" I asked Nora in a whisper.
She only shrugged her shoulders and took the seat in the second row, forcing me to take one of the vacant front row desks.
Almost as soon as I'd sat down Dominic came into the classroom and without hesitating took the seat right next to mine. "Hello, again Fallon."
I sighed and set my bag down and pulled my English book out "Hello again Dominic"
He smiled at me "You didn't give me a chance to tell you before, but you fight well. I've never seen someone shift so fast."
I couldn't help but smile a little "Thank you, it's something I have practiced a lot."
He nodded and took his book out of his backpack just as the teacher stepped into the classroom.
"Good morning class, we have a new student with us this morning. Miss O'Shea, why don't you stand up and tell us about yourself."
I raised my eyebrow as glanced around the room, trying to gauge if she was serious or not. By the expectant looks on everyone's faces, she wasn't kidding.
So I took a deep breath and stood up, "Hi, my name is Fallon, I just moved here from Northern California."
I glanced over my shoulder at the teacher, hoping that was sufficient, but she still was watching me expectantly so I assumed I had to come up with something else about myself "Um..."
Dominic, finally seeming to understand how lost I was with all of this, spoke up "Fallon, they want to see you change; That's what everyone is waiting for."
I frowned and glanced around the room, everyone began nodding eagerly, and honestly, I could hardly believe it. I'd never been anywhere that so openly accepted werewolves, let alone were excited to meet them. But I supposed they weren't going to let me be until I shifted, so I stepped away from my desk and stood in front of the teachers' desk.
Before I had the chance to change Dominic held up his hand "You guys are going to want to back up and give her some room."
Everyone looked a little skeptical but when he got up and pushed his desk back, everyone else followed suit. It was interesting to see even regular humans follow Alpha's orders when he had no control over them.
I glanced around at the class once more before I took a deep breath and shifted, doing nothing to hold back the speed of my change. Many of the students gasped, whether because of the speed of my change, or my sheer massiveness as a wolf. Most of us were extra-large, standing well over six feet on all fours. But I was much closer to seven and a half feet, and I had to keep my head bowed low to avoid smacking it on the hanging fluorescent lights.
"Oh wow, how are you so tall?"
"Are all of your old packs so large?"
"I didn't know werewolves could get so big."
"Have you ever seen a change so instant?"
"Did you have to learn that, or does it come naturally?"
All of the questions came so fast I had no idea who might have spoken which question, and even if I could have answered them in a language they would have understood I wouldn't have tried.
For several minutes they spat questions of the same type at me, and the longer it went on, the more stressed and cornered I felt. The room wasn't nearly big enough for me to feel comfortable and a few of the students had left their desks and moved closer to me, forcing me to back up until I bumped into the Teachers desk.
I wanted to rage out at them, growl and bare my teeth. But some part of me knew I couldn't do that.
Finally, Dominic seemed to realize that I was being overwhelmed and stepped between me and the encroaching students, putting his back right against my side.
"Okay guys, alright give her some room. I'm sure Fallon will answer your questions but not in this form."
He turned to me and nodded "it's alright, change back now."
I tried to relax a little, changing back was always harder when the situation was tense or uncomfortable. Dominic must have realized I was stressed out because he laid a hand on my side and met my eyes with his. "it's alright Fallon..."
I couldn't explain the soothing feeling that spread through me at his touch. But I was able to transform back to myself and mutter a grateful thank you to him.
Once I was human again the teacher seemed to regain control of her sense and she called the class to order. "Everyone back in their seats."
Everyone else seemed a little bummed but they did as they were told, replacing the desks to their original positions and taking their seats.
Once they were done Dominic and I returned to our seats. Once we had, the teacher got up, turned to the blackboard, picked up a chalk marker, and began writing out something.
Once her back was turned to us Dominic leaned closer to me, "are you alright Fallon?"
I turned my head and our noses nearly brushed against each other. The scent of his was nearly overpowering, it clouded my mind and made me nearly moan out loud. When I opened my mouth to speak I couldn't seem to make any words come out, so I settled for shutting my mouth and nodded a little bit.
He leaned a little closer so he could whisper in my ear, "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe here." I could feel his breath against my ear when he spoke and the way my heart was pounding I knew he and all the other wolves in the room must've been able to hear it.
But he said nothing about it, only drew back and gave me a small, friendly smile.
Once he was at arms distance again my mind cleared and I became irritated that I had been so easily taken away by him. How was I supposed to oppose him when all he had to do was get that close to me?
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to refocus on whatever the teacher was saying. But all I could focus on was trying to come up with a way to not be so vulnerable to him.