Who is this? And I'm supposed to be his what!?

As I pulled into the parking lot of my new school I glanced around, there were plenty of kids milling around before the bell rang, and even from here, I could smell the scent of other wolves. It was no big secret that there was a large pack here, even the humans knew about them. When your numbers were in the hundreds, I supposed it was hard to keep it a secret. 
Therefore I wasn't surprised when a dozen heads popped up as I climbed out of my truck, I smelled as foreign to them as they did to me, and I expected to be closely watched for a while; All outsiders were in our society. 
What I wasn't expecting was for a short girl with hair the color of peppermint to come running up to me the moment I opened the door on my old truck "Oh gosh you're here, I mean they said you were going to be here for the first day of school. But wow, you are really pretty, Lucian said you would be but wow..."

I raised my eyebrow at her, she was practically bouncing in front of me and it was a bit unnerving. 
Finally, another girl, this one a little taller with dark brown hair came over "Alright Cassidy, give her some room to breathe, she only just got here." She smiled politely at me and pulled the girl a few steps back so I could get out, "Hello, I'm Nora, and this tiny ball of undiluted energy is Cassidy."
I shook her extended hand "I'm Fallon, nice to meet you both..."
The tiny girl, Cassidy, giggled and hugged the other girls' arms looking up at her "Oh she is even polite," she turned back to me and grinned "no one is ever happy to meet me, I'm far too bubbly. But thank you for saying so." 
Nora laughed a little and shook her head "I'm sure you're wondering what she is talking about, but we don't have a lot of time to explain. Why don't you come with us, and we'll get it all figured out."
I glanced around at the way other students were staring at me and I figured it was best to just go along with these girls. At least I figured I could take these two on if it came to a fight. So I reached in and grabbed my bookbag out of my passenger seat, then slung it over my shoulder before closing the door and letting the two of them usher me off through the parking lot and towards a long low building that had "Gym" painted on it in big white letters. 
"I have to go to the main office to get my transcripts and class schedule..."
Nora waved me off "We've already got that for you, but you have more important things to see today."
I raised my eyebrow as I followed them up a set of stairs and into the gym where my nose was assaulted with the scent of at least a dozen new wolves. But for some reason, one of their scents stood out to me like a blazing beacon. 
"We found her Dominic, she just got here, we brought her straight here."
Nora took Cassidy's hand "You're rambling again, come on." She led her off to the nearby bleachers, leaving me standing alone in the middle of the gym in the dark. Not that my eyes couldn't pick up all the figures that were standing in a semi-circle in front of me, but it made me feel uncomfortable and edgy. "Could someone explain what is going on here?"
Finally, someone cut the lights on and made me blink a few times at the sudden brightness "We apologize, Miss, for the abrupt way that this ceremony has been conducted. But speed is of the utmost importance in this case and these alliances must be cemented as quickly as possible."
I frowned and looked at each of the men in turn, "Excuse me? what alliances are you speaking of?"
The man who had spoken looked like he was in his late thirties, with salt and pepper hair that was shaved close to his head, his arms were crossed over his chest and they were covered in scars, old and new. He spoke again, though now he seemed a bit confused "You mean to say you don't know about the alliance your former pack made with us?"
I shook my head "Haven't a clue, and now I'm feeling a bit like I've been led to the slaughter. And if that's the case I certainly hope you don't think I'll go quietly."
He held up his hands "No, no that isn't it at all...you've been brought here too well..." He glanced at the others, then at someone I hadn't seen at first but now as he stepped forward I could tell his scent was the one that had stood out to me. He was much younger than the rest of them, he looked like he couldn't have been much older than me.
"You're meant to be mine..."
He said it quietly, almost so quiet that I thought I might have misheard or misunderstood him. Then he crossed the distance between us and offered me his hand "I'm Dominic, you're Fallon right?"
I nodded, looking up at him, I usually stood taller than most of my peers, standing at five foot ten, but he towered a full head above me, he had to be at least six-four. I glanced down at his still outstretched hand but I didn't take it, all I could think of was that there was no way my parents had agreed to whatever it was these people were telling me.
He smiled politely "I am sure you're confused and trust me so was I. But this is for the good of both of our packs, don't you want that?"
I frowned "I've just been moved to an entirely new state and many hundreds of miles away from my old pack. I have no control or knowledge of what is going to happen to them, so why would I worry about what's good for them or not?"
He glanced over his shoulder at the others for a moment, then looked back down at me. "They didn't tell you anything at all?"
I shook my head "I was told my Dad got a new job up here and we were moving, and that there was a large pack in our new town. End of story, now I'm here, being told that I'm now supposed to belong to someone? And you aren't expecting a fight?"
He shook his head "No, that isn't quite what I meant, we're to be mated...I'm to be the new Alpha and you're supposed to be my Beta..."
I snorted, looking over his long dark brown hair that was obviously styled to look un-styled, and his clothes that looked like they cost more than half my wardrobe combined. I tossed my book bag towards the bleachers and put my hands on my hips, "Mated my ass, you'll still get a fight from me, pretty boy." That seemed to bristle his fur, he straightened his back and dropped his hands to his sides 
"Now listen, I had no part in this whole scheme, but we both have parts to play, and being nasty about it isn't going to get us anywhere."
I raised my eyebrow and rolled my weight back on my heels preparing for a fight. "Oh really? because as far as I'm concerned, arranging all of this behind my back was pretty nasty and it seems to have gotten you lot plenty."
The older man stepped forward, "Please, Miss O'Shea, it was not our intention to keep any of this from you. We were under the impression that you had agreed to the match."
"Well your impressions were wrong, and like I said you'll get a fight from me if you intend to go through with it."
The older man looked at the younger and shrugged his shoulder "It isn't that unusual to win a mate in such a way...I'm sure you can beat her."
He sighed and shrugged out of the leather jacket he was wearing. "I had hoped this would go off easier, but if it must be this way."
I laughed, "Fine, you want a fight.." I shrugged out of my outer jacket and sweater, so I wore only my tank top. "But I'll give you only one warning, you won't win pretty-boy."
He snarled and it was more wolf than human, and I watched as the shift took over him, it was prolonged as if he was showing off; Though for me or the others I wasn't sure. But finally, a large black wolf stood in front of me, baring his teeth at me as his hunched bristled.
I only rolled my eyes "You'd better hurry up and lose boy, I don't want to be late for my first class."
He growled and lowered himself but didn't charge, obviously waiting for me to change. I didn't make him wait long, my change had always been fast, between the blink of an eye; And now that I was angry it was like the wolf half of me was already there, just under the surface, waiting to burst free. I was in motion before he realized it, changing mid-step, and by the time he realized it, I was plowing into him.
For several minutes, we were just a mass of snapping teeth and fur crashing around the gym. I barely had a thought for the others as they scrambled out of our way. As wolves, we could understand each other in a way that we couldn't in our human state, but it was mostly emotions and thoughts usually. I could feel his irritation, towards the others, but towards me as well. And that only fueled my anger as I snapped and clawed at him. 

One of my swipes laid open his side and caused him to yelp out loud, as soon as he was wounded my fight was won. I buried my paw in the open wound and easily slipped my muzzle over his exposed throat. "Give up, you're beaten!"  I growled across our shared mental channel, and then all at once, I felt the fight go out of him. He lay still on the ground and closed his eyes. "Yes, alright, I give." 
As soon as he did I released his throat and lifted my paw, which made him whimper. The others tried to rush to his aid but I growled at them and kept them at bay. Even for a werewolf, I was big and because of it I usually got what I wanted. 
"Stay still and I'll tend to your wound, get up and I'll make it worse."
He opened his eyes and looked at me but didn't try to get up, so I nuzzled at his side until the skin and fur that I'd just flayed open were laying flat, then I began to lick the wound. Very few of our kind had the healers' gift, a gift that allowed us the ability to heal one another, and almost as few knew about it. But I had no intention of letting him suffer because of a fight he had no chance of winning.
Once I was done I looked down at him "Before either of us change back, I'd like a few words with you, if you don't mind."
He lifted his head "I don't feel like I have much of a choice, so go ahead."
I smirked a little "Obviously, my parents or my old pack Alpha made some sort of deal with yours. I won't pretend that I like all of this happening behind my back, or that I won't have words with them later. But I feel I must honor it. If only for the good of these packs. 
But, on that note, you have to understand something; I will not just be your mate and your Beta, we will be Alphas together or there will be a lot more fights like this one and you won't win many."
He nodded his head "I can live with that, but might I make one request as well?"
I nodded once and he sat up slowly, obviously a bit wary of me "Let me deal with things here, you're new here and my pack Elders just saw you very easily best me; They aren't going to want to trust you the way they'll trust me."
I glanced at them, then back at him "Very well, and I'll do my best to be polite, for now."
I could sense his amusement, but he simply shook his head as he shifted back, I shifted as well and walked back to where I'd tossed my sweater and jacket. 
"You cannot expect us to simply release you from this arrangement Miss O'Shea."
Dominic raised a hand "It's alright, she's agreed to it; Which really she shouldn't have to, seeing as it has all only just now been sprung upon her."
I put my clothes back on and picked up my bag, glancing once more at the older men gathered before turning towards the door "Now if you don't mind, I have an English class to get to." I walked straight out of the building without a backward glance.